The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
OMFG, this shift knob is ****ing hard to get out. its down to bear metal, all the rubber been twisted off. WTF. In the service manual it simplily says remove knob.. (yea.. remove it with 5 ****** strength) I can't believe it. How the hell did others remove the thing, it has cement in it for sure.:angry2:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whew... I yelled in the name of Martan Luther King, release the evil upon this demon!. Sure enuf a surge of black power made me break loose that gay knob... looking at the thread its like 10 mm am i correct?

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
No idea. When I put my new one on it fit perfectly over the large diameter (non-threaded) portion of the shaft, but sat a little higher (hole not as deep?). So I poked the shift shaft through on old towel and hacksawed the threaded portion right off. Cut like butter. It's a little shorter now, and I didn't have to use the plastic reducer bushings included with the new Ichibahn knob.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,807 Posts
TRIFLOW

Interesting choice of adjectives and nouns, are you the Grand Wizard or something?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I never knew ***** could be a verb, adjective, AND noun. English if a very peculiar language...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Na, I was raised in the hoods, ***** can be used anyway as a noun, adjective, and a verb. A lesson for you white people. Its like using swell as a adjective. ROFL.

·
Registered
45 Posts
words

i've never heard to "*****" something.

I have heard of "******-rigging" though.

oh by the way racism is lame.

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
1,213 Posts
Triflow.. I REALLY hope you're of African American heritage, otherwise your sincerely racist remarks really shouldn't be here. I'm not trying to be a forum cop, I just don't think such remarks belong in this or any forum, unless it's some kind of KKK forum...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What? You are saying only black people can use the word "*****" What kind of equality is that? Its like saying "End racism, hate white people."

·
Registered
30 Posts
1greek4u said:
I never knew ***** could be a verb, adjective, AND noun. English if a very peculiar language...
i am marklar, from the land of marklar, where we eat marklar. . . .:D

i cut mine down when i put a new shift knob on. then i ran a stone wheel up and down the shaft then just tap it. piece of cake. . .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whats a stone wheel? And Altimat, did u take out the leather boot? its like held by some glue shit .. which I broke them all...

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,807 Posts
Black

If I were black, I would be very upset that this thread is still here. I hate racism, and will not participate in this thread again. Like Thai said, I hope you are African American and F#*in with us. If not, that is ignorant. It is easy to be racist from behind a keyboard.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Triflow said:
Whats a stone wheel? And Altimat, did u take out the leather boot? its like held by some glue shit .. which I broke them all...
I had to take out the boot to modify the cover to fit the modified shifter. You shouldn't have had to. It's a pain to get back on. May as well do the shifter mod now. Email me for details if you want to do it.
Otherwise, I used 3M spray adhesive to stick it back on, and duct-taped it also. I left off the plastic backing plate for clearance. Your best bet would be to use a soldering gun to melt some of the backing plate to what's left of the plastic studs on the outer cover.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.