The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Playing PS2
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shift Light went out.....

Ok everybody, my car (97 GXE Auto) well my gear light went out. You know the one where Park/Reverse/Drive and all that is, is it hard to replace or do I need to take in to the dealership which I do not want to do..any advice PLEASE....

Pillage

·
Registered
118 Posts
You should be able to take apart the center console and check everything out under there. I just checked the haynes manual, but it doesn't say anything about the light or the shifter.

·
*Horny Member*
403 Posts
Since I got my car in March of this year, that same light in my car had been out. About 2 months ago, I told myself I would finally fix it. I took out the entire center console (you have to to get down there). You need to take out the armrest, plastic surrounding the shifter, the trim surrounding the stereo, etc.... to get to it.

It took me about 10 minutes to get to it, removing all that crap. It is a really easy job to do yourself. All you need is a phillips head screwdriver, a flat-head screwdriver, and a 194 bulb.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I know that everyone has their different ways of getting to odd parts of the car, but for my 95 all I had to do was simply take out all the plastic surrounding to the gear shifter, removed the P R N D 2 1 plastic piece, and it was right there. I think Thieu has the best idea though because it makes life easier on you and your hands. Having enough room to work makes everything go faster.

·
Playing PS2
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I try it this weekend when I have time thanks for the help guys..

Pillage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts