The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wondering would it be better to cut my shifter rather than getting a short shifter cuz i'm tired oflookin for a damn short shifter for the 1st gen.....i now a 94+ integ shifter would work but i don't wanna go throgh the hassle....just a thought i had:D

·
459 Posts
The short shifter not only is shorter where you grab it, but they extend further down toward the bottom of the car on the other side of the pivot ball. This is what gives it more leverage. Just get the damn Teg shifter. All's you gotta do is add washers to each side where it bolts on. Takes no more hassle than one made for the Alty (Stillen). Don't be a chump, and do it right.

Shnoogens.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
933 Posts
Ay, all u gotta do is order 1 from OBX , they make them for our cars, instead of buyin Stillens $234 short shifter, u can buy OBX's for $99, n e speed shop should b able to order it for u. Thaz wha i did, cuz i couldnt find 1 for my car, and i refused to pay $234 FOR JUS A SHORT SHIFTER !! And i bet u feel tha same way. but jus dont cut tha bar, get tha actual 1 that is made for our cars. But like i said b4 go to a speed shop and get them to order u 1 from OBX , its $99.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
933 Posts
Octane, do u know where i can get or how do i make tha intake pipe that goes b4 tha TB ? cuz i bouoght a friendz PR CAI but he didnt wanna give that tube cuz he wuz usin it wit a Stillen Filter. So do u know where i can get it, or if i can make it, how do i. Jus drop me an email at [email protected] wit tha info, or AIM me at TuLoco44. thanx yo

·
459 Posts
You COULD get a muffler shop to custom-bend one, and get them to drill out holes for the hoses...but that would end up costing close to what the Weapon-R would. Just get a plain-jane Weapon-R for around $125 - that's what a local shop quoted me. You'll end up having an extra filter and adapter plate you can sell to make a few bucks back. That'd be your best bet. OR, you can get crafty and make the stock plumbing smooth by cutting off and sealing the hole where the resonator would go. But I'd get the Weapon-R for the smooth piping from TB to MAF. Happy Hunting!

Shnoogens.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
there's another company that makes a lower priced shifter for Altimas...I forgot which company it was. But Sentra and Maxima shifters work too...same part number.
Jay

·
Registered
67 Posts
Other company that makes shifters.

The other company that makes the Integra shorty shifter is
APC. You can buy it at a local Pep boys for around $40.00. I have
one myself.:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts