The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a integra short shift but i didnt put in the 10mm washers and everything seems to be working fine. Am I ok or do I need to put those in. Also will put the washers in make the shifts even shorter like 90% or something. Mine is short but its not really short so I was just wondering if it needs the washers or if i just got a 60% one.

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
i have no idea what you mean by 60% and 90%, but the washers can only help. I know i have them on mine, and everyone does too. I guess for now it will work like you claim, but i would get them soon, just in case.

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
skibumm3 said:
it reduces the throw by 60% or 90%
i doubt that. A 90% decrease in throw? That would be like shifting frm 1st to 2nd and it only be an inch apart from eachother. Maybe less than that. I think it's more like 50% or so.

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
my shifter has 3 10mm washers. I'd say maybe reduced by 50%. And I have a really small shift knob too. Bout the size of a golf ball courtesy of Razo. That helps a little too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honestly, whatever came with the shifter should go on the shifter. IMO. Its like taking something apart only to put it back together and find some screws left over....."the jobs done, but uh, where the hell should these go"..............its not a good feeling. You never know, something may break in the future. Take the time to put those washers on ASAP......as far as 90% shorter throws, I doubt that, i've seen up to 45% tops on some top of the line shifters, but never 90%.....then again I could be wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts