The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you guys with Short Shifters. Did you use ones made for Altimas or the 94-00 integra shifter? Also, is it hard to put in? Do you have to go under the car or can you do all the installation from inside the car? How long do you think it would take to install? Thanks

alex

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
i have the Teg shifter for a 94-00. You have to go from underneath the car. It takes about and hour or two first time.

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Ditto. Remove heat shield. Loosen linkage. Things are pretttty tight under there :) Barely any room even with ramps for my bf who is 5'9, 180lbs.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
realistically, how much is the short shifter. I hear $30 from pepboyz. Anybody buy any other brands?
Jay

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
ThurzNite said:
realistically, how much is the short shifter. I hear $30 from pepboyz. Anybody buy any other brands?
Jay
i got the one from pep boys. It's APC brand. I like it. Works great. I will tell you that there need to be spacers put in next to the bearings at the end of it. I think 2mm washers on each side will do. Not a big prob at all. Well worth it compared to the Stillen one.

Also, with the one from pep boys, it'll hit the heat shield, so yo need to bang on the heat shield while it's out of the car and bend it down where it hits. But not too far cuz then it's hitting the cat. Do it just right. Also, not a big deal. Took me 2 min to bend it.

·
Hiiiigh Rollin!
103 Posts
hey guys i was really wondering about all that i think i will just have to do it unless u all think its not worth it but it sounds like you all like it well ill let everyone know when i do mine hopefully it will be soon well thanks guys -Jon

·
Registered
118 Posts
Can anyone tell me a little about these short shifters. Are they just shorter than stock ones or do they also make the distance between 1st and 2nd smaller? Also, would it be uncomfortable to ride around with your hand on the shifter, is it too low? Thanks for the help.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
OBX makes 1 for are cars 93-00 and its a lot more affordable than stillens, i ordered mine from OBX for $99. I wouldn't install it unless u know wha ur doin if u dont know wha ur doin then take it some where and have some 1 install it , i wuz quoted $40. Somethingz u dont mess with unless u know wha ur doin, and ur transmission is somethin u dont mess with unless u know wha ur doin.

·
Hiiiigh Rollin!
103 Posts
is it worth it though ??? -Jon

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
I say it's worth it. The throws are alot shorter. I say do anything to make you quicker, give you an advantage. Well worth it for $25 and a couple hours to put it on and adjust.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You've got a good point. I just wanted to know whether it was too low to hold your hand on while driving. I'm about 5'10" and feel comfortable holding the stock shifter most of the time. I've seen some pics and I'm afraid that if it's any lower, it would become a pain. Anyway, most of my driving is just cruising so I won't sacrifice convenience for faster shifts. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
156 Posts
mfroot said:
You've got a good point. I just wanted to know whether it was too low to hold your hand on while driving. I'm about 5'10" and feel comfortable holding the stock shifter most of the time. I've seen some pics and I'm afraid that if it's any lower, it would become a pain. Anyway, most of my driving is just cruising so I won't sacrifice convenience for faster shifts. Thanks for the help.

Ive heard that it is fairly bad for the tranny to ride around putting pressure on the shifter. kinda makes sense too. when you put any pressure on the shifter you are transferring that pressure to the gears and it probably isnt good.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
holy f u c k nutts this thread is old as hell ! There should be a rule that u cant bring back old ass threads, this has bin happening a lot lately, do to all the n00bs around:rolleyes:

·
EXPLICIT EDITION
45 Posts
BoriquaRacer said:
holy f u c k nutts this thread is old as hell ! There should be a rule that u cant bring back old ass threads, this has bin happening a lot lately, do to all the n00bs around:rolleyes:
It's all good, that just means that there are more and more altima's out there representin............:bigok:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.