The Nissan Club banner

Should I buy an Altima?

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  PhattyAltNAtl 
#1 ·
I drove a 3.5SE 5 speed last night and loved it.

Went back the next day to see the interior and was a little disappointed.

I drive a Jetta now and even though it has nice plastic on the dash the thing creaks and rattles all over the place.

Does anyone regret their purchase?

Anyone in the Toronto area recommend a dealership?

Are there discounts to be had?

#6 ·
brydymond said:
I drove a 3.5SE 5 speed last night and loved it.

Went back the next day to see the interior and was a little disappointed.

I drive a Jetta now and even though it has nice plastic on the dash the thing creaks and rattles all over the place.

Does anyone regret their purchase?

Anyone in the Toronto area recommend a dealership?

Are there discounts to be had?
These are good questions. And im sure everyone here would agree and say "Hell Ya" you should buy the alitma.

However this question has been asked many times in the last few weeks. More indepth information and answers are at your fingers tips. Use the search button and check out the last few pages. A few pages of reading and you will have more than enough information. :D

#7 ·
Altima 4 Sure

No Contest the other Manufacturers will be playing Catchup.

What ever the noise is Willy we have to address it soon. Someone took everything out of their trunk(can`t remember who it was, sometime before the site went for repairs).

This is the Best Car I ever had and the most fun, we will find the THUMP>:angry5:

#9 ·
I traded a 99 VW Jetta VR6 for my 02 Alty SE 3.5. I liked the Jetta very much, the interior was nice and that VR6 is very impressive. I felt it was kinda like a poor man's IS300 since it has similar power and size. Problem for me was the maintenance costs....my low coolant light came on, and I had to buy the pink coolant shit from VW at $16 a gallon! The front end hung soooo low that if I went to far over a parking curb...when I backed up it would always pull the front fascia loose. Also with the wife and kids it was becoming too small. The Altima costs a little more than the Jetta, but its bigger, faster, just as reliable if not more so, and cheaper to maintain. The interior may not be as nice material wise, but I like the way its laid out...and the Bose is better than the Monsoon system I had in the Jetta. The Passat is like the Jetta, just a little bigger, but still doesn;'t have the size, price, and power of the Alty. Oh yeah...going from the Jetta to the Alty also caused my insurance to actually go DOWN if you can believe that!

Kevin

#10 ·
Definitely get it

It's definitely worth it.. It's the fastest car I've owned, my previous car was a 98 Altima. As for the cheapish interior, it's not as bad as you think.. and you can always try a dash kit, (which is what I'm doing). Like someone else posted, use the search function.. you're on an Altima's website, you're not going to get many people saying don't buy it.

#11 ·
regrets? hmm... love the car to death... but if there was one regret... it is not waiting a few more months to save up for loaded 3.5... never really cared til I got on this board only to see that like 75% of you are 3.5 owners... oh well, must keep telling myself, better fuel economy, lower insurance, umm... other benefits of my 2.5? :(

#13 ·
All Altimas

Hey ThaiBruin, this is an all Altima Forum. You are respected because you are family. The 2.5 and the 3.5 are brothers(sisters?)

My point is they are beautiful cars and both KICK ASS in Looks and Performance. I think everyone will agree with that. RIGHT GUYS?

#15 ·
The last time I wanted, then didn't buy something I had desired, I kept wishing I had. It was a painful wishing, and one I didn't care for.

So if you currently desire one you'd better buy it. Avoid that painful regret you will get if you don't.

But don't get an opalblue metallic. I have one, and I'd like to keep it a rare color. :D

Get a silver one. :p

OpalBlue ;)

#17 ·
2004 Max

I have NO regrets with my Alt. I really like the interior, with the triangular, hard edged theme. I was going to wait for the Z, but when I heard the new 2004 Max will have 280+ HP with RWD, I said this is a good way to experience the new direction of Nissan, which IMO has started with our Alt., and will continue with the Z and '04 Max. So I'll wait for the Max. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.