The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lease is coming to an end on my 2013 3.5SV.The buy out is $18000,.Car is in great cond and has 33000 on it.Buy out price seems high and im worried about the CVT crapping out.
Thoughts

·
2013 Altima 3.5 SV no nav
811 Posts
The lease is coming to an end on my 2013 3.5SV.The buy out is $18000,.Car is in great cond and has 33000 on it.Buy out price seems high and im worried about the CVT crapping out.
Thoughts
If you still like the car 18 is not a bad deal, CarMax would want another k or so depending on the trim level.

If you haven't had any issues with the CVT by now you have one of the good ones so if you want a Altima keep that one.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Depending on options, $15-16k is probably closer to actual value of your car. It doesn't sound like you really want to buy it, so I'm not clear why you're even considering it. You're essentially negating the one good thing about leasing -- you get to turn in the car at the end without worrying about negative equity.

If you do decide to go ahead with the lease-end purchase, make sure you understand fees for purchase option, etc. that may be included in your contract. It's my understanding that Nissan doesn't negotiate lease buyouts, so pretty much everything is working against you on this one...

·
2015 Nissan Altima S 2.5
225 Posts

I would walk away from it (if you have a closed-end lease) -- but make sure to get it cleaned, waxed and detailed beforehand. Also, be sure that everything is in good working order, there is no damage and that you have your service/maintenance records available.

Leasing or buying a new 2016 might be the best idea; especially if you realize how much you have already spent on lease payments for the 2013 - PLUS the "extra" costs (new sales tax, fees, etc.) of essentially buying & financing a used car.

Run the numbers and keep your emotions out of it. (By the way, that 2016 update to the Altima looks very nice.)

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
If you like the car, keep it.
If you don't like the car, get rid of it.

Doesn't get easier than that.

·
Administrator
851 Posts

Leasing or buying a new 2016 might be the best idea; especially if you realize how much you have already spent on lease payments for the 2013 - PLUS the "extra" costs (new sales tax, fees, etc.) of essentially buying & financing a used car.

Run the numbers and keep your emotions out of it. (By the way, that 2016 update to the Altima looks very nice.)
Agreed.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My 2015 2.5S was only 19,300. I would offer them like 15,000 or get a new one. Go on cars.com and search a radius of 300miles. I've found that cars are several thousands cheaper in Oklahoma city or Arkansas then they are in STL, then I walk into a local dealer and say match it or I go on a road trip. And if I drove 4 hours to get my car it's inconvenient but worth several thousand.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you like it, then buying it is an option.
If you don't like it, then walk away.

Many Nissan Altimas are sold as fleet rental cars so the valuation of the used vehicles are affected by this.
Check out the rental car companies to see what models they have for sale as they do sell them after about a year's use on the Altimas, many of which should have a remaining warranty for the 2014-2015 models though many tend to be the 2.5 engine type instead of the 3.5 V-6 engine type.

The 2014/2015 models have improvements on many of the items that affected some of the 2013 models.

The prices would depend on the condition and location of the vehicles as well as the trim level though most rentals generally have the "S" trim but sometimes do have the "SV" or "SL" trims available.

For models with any remaining original warranty, an extended Nissan [nationwide] warranty can be bought from a nearby Nissan dealership instead of buying a limited extended warranty from the auto rental company.

FWIW, in the N.E. area, lease end Altimas from the dealerships tend to cost more than ones from the auto rental companies.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts