The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So looking for Altima’s found a 2011 2.5s turbo but I’m not sure if it was built properly I test drive it tomorrow any one have any suggestions what to look for.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
So looking for Altima’s found a 2011 2.5s turbo but I’m not sure if it was built properly I test drive it tomorrow any one have any suggestions what to look for.
Yes! I have a suggestion as what to look for. Look for another car, and make sure it is "stock", not modified like this car.

Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
317 Posts
First of all Trock's suggestion is a good one. Nissan never made an Altima turbo 2.5L for the USA market. What you're looking at is a custom built turbo setup. Things to be aware of:
  • - Excessive blow-by.
  • - Blown head gasket.
  • - Rod/main bearing knocking noise.
  • - Excessive detonation during acceleration.
  • - Bad turbo lag during acceleration.
  • - Turbine noise.

·
Registered
2008 Nissan Altima 2.5z coupe
13 Posts
Usually if the car has a turbo added on some dum ass probably dogged the car out ..and didnt take care of it. Plus they have the cvt. and dogging those transmission IS A REALLY REALLY BAD IDEA. If i was u id keep looking

1 - 4 of 4 Posts