The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys so I have a 2005 2 5 with some goodies.

It's been sitting for like 1 year she turns over with a boost. Has 80000 miles on it.
What do you think?

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Why aren't you doing the only real thing that ever pulls total value out of a car, or driving it to 300K miles?

Myself, I always keep at least one other car for a backup if needed to work on the 'good' one. It can save you thousands if one is pointed toward doing his own work.

Of course if CVT that would be the only thing getting in the way of that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why aren't you doing the only real thing that ever pulls total value out of a car, or driving it to 300K miles?

Myself, I always keep at least one other car for a backup if needed to work on the 'good' one. It can save you thousands if one is pointed toward doing his own work.

Of course if CVT that would be the only thing getting in the way of that.
Good question.. I have 2 vans and truck lol.. already

That was the goal at first but just didn't find time to drive it. But between winter and the pandemic the car was just parked

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Gotta wonder why redundant vans and truck with gas being high, I'd be driving the car more. Unless the mods eat enough gas to even things out.

I have kept 3 and usually 4 cars running at all times for 50 years now and I do 100% of my own work, nobody ever touches the cars. But that is pretty extreme, most can't go there. I even do trans and engine rebuilds and let them go to scrapyard once I tire of one

Of course, yours and do as you will.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotta wonder why redundant vans and truck with gas being high, I'd be driving the car more. Unless the mods eat enough gas to even things out.

I have kept 3 and usually 4 cars running at all times for 50 years now and I do 100% of my own work, nobody ever touches the cars. But that is pretty extreme, most can't go there. I even do trans and engine rebuilds and let them go to scrapyard once I tire of one

Of course, yours and do as you will.
Well we have 5 kids.. the wife drives the new van I drive the 2nd van as daily and we live in NY truck is for the winter.

Living in NY city it's hard to have multiple cars. Most only have one maybe two.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well we have 5 kids.. the wife drives the new van I drive the 2nd van as daily and we live in NY truck is for the winter.

Living in NY city it's hard to have multiple cars. Most only have one maybe two.
IMO, if the car is in good running condition, sell it outright rather then parting it out. Do some market research like from N.A.D.A and Kelly Blue Book to determine a market value for your car.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I double that. A pieced out car gets in the way and if stored outside the city will get on you about it. A lot more viable idea if one lives out in the sticks where people can't tell you what to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts