The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
6,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now only REGISTERED ALTIMAS.NET members are allowed to log onto altimas.net, do you think we should change that and allow guests to view our messages and etc?

YES/No/Don't Care

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mike,

If you allow guests to view forums, you may have fewer inactive accounts(user names). I'm sure there are a bunch of user accounts that have been opened after the initial day because they wanted to look at something. . .

It might be a good idea to let them look. . .

·
ASE certified wiseass
431 Posts
View but not post.

If you allow posting as a guest you will get losers who do nothing but start problems.

View but not post is OK.

Randy

·
ATX Chica
554 Posts
I say yes as well BUT as long as their not allowed to post.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
I agree with Kenshi... if it doesn't open us up for attacks.. fine.. if it does, shut em down...

And ONLY ALLOW GUESTS TO VIEW, and NOT POST....

·
8,809 Posts
as soon as you let guests posts, they started talking shit in off topic.

D

·
0 Posts
I say yes. View but not post. Before people were required to sign up so they could even view the forums, we didn't have nearly as much stupid shit posted. I think once they've signed up and become a "member" they feeled compelled to post something, anything... for some idiotic reason.

Demmy

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
I don't think you should, if there's a spammer or something then you can't do much about it :( but if he/she is a member you can kick them off the board. Cuz im telling you IP bans do not work to get rid of pieces of shit spammers, or anything else, but do what you must either way its still a great site :).

·
Banned
1 Posts
view, not post.....

......and go through and delete anyone who has not posted in the last 6 months. That way, we know how many people actually are members who post

1 - 20 of 37 Posts