The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
05 3.5SE, 02 Protege5 :)
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom was driving the altima today when somehow she hit something (a stone wall i think) with the driver side mirror when leaving a driveway. The mirror is fine, but the cover over it shattered and fell off. She called the nissan dealer (the overcharing, lying scumbags of County Line Nissan of middlebury/watertown). They told her that the entire mirror would need to be replaced, and that it would need to be taken to a body shop to be painted. This doesn't make any sense, because the mirror cover just snaps in place, and I would think it would come prepainted. How much are the activetuning light-up side mirror covers? Is there any way to purchase the OEM cover by itself? Inside the mirror cover is a sticker with the number "21337BKH3".. don't know what this means...

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can buy the outer cover seperately. It only comes in a gray primer and it lists for around $6.00. The left side part number should be 96374-3Z000. I am assuming this is for a 02-03 Altima.
DP

·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DP03SE said:
You can buy the outer cover seperately. It only comes in a gray primer and it lists for around $6.00. The left side part number should be 96374-3Z000. I am assuming this is for a 02-03 Altima.
DP
wow thanks. Who knows how much the dealer was going to charge me for a power heated mirror. They specifically told my mom that you cannot purchase just the cover. If only these mirrors folded, then this wouldn't have happened.

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
Psst. The KH3 part of the num is your color, Black, I assume?
That will be handy when bringing it to a paint shop to paint it.
All blacks are KH3 unless they have metallic or stuff in it..but there is only one black on all model lines of cars...

·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DP03SE said:
DP
The question now is, how can this be ordered? I want to order it, then drive over to my nissan dealer to spite them since they wanted to sell me the whole mirror... then I'd have them paint it.

·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to the Buckeye nissan site from the advertisement in the forum and asked them about it. I asked about pricing, and whether they can prepaint it before shipment.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Someone stole my side mirror cover one night. I went straight to the dealer (parts department) and bought the side cover for $8 if I remember correctly and took it to one of the auto body shops where I live. They charged me $25 to paint it. Perfect match! It costs me under $40 to replace the whole thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts