The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a stupid question but for those who have the cold package that includes the heated mirrors, how do they work? How do they heat up? Is there an on/off switch? Or do they go on when your using the heat inside? It doesn't say anything about it in the manual. Also the fact they don't fold in really sucks! I almost tore it off going into the garage!

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Turn on the rear window defroster and your mirrors turn on too. At least thats how they work in every other car I've seen with heated rear mirrors...mine dosen't have them because I didn't get leather...stupid Nissan and their packages!

I still don't get everyone complaining about the non folding outside mirrors. Can't you people park your car in the garage without clipping the side mirrors? How do you open the door if you're that close to the side?

·
enlighten me
904 Posts
I am betting the 2004 maximas folding mirrors will fit right on when they come out. One of mine broke off when it hit somebody elses mirror that also did not fold.

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
Ford Windstar mirror vs Altima mirror=Ford wins hands down ! The 2 are not friends when coming down a block from opposite directions. The Ford knocked my mirror off and it hit me in the chest barely missing my face lol, then I had to chase the lady down to get her to stop. Windstar V6 against Altima V6= no contest ;)

·
Registered
361 Posts
I dont see a point in folding mirrors, it might look wierd on our car.

On another note:
The other week when my car was in for a new tran, I had rented a 98 Ford Taurus.

What was pretty cool and I wish they had on our car is the side mirrors had a light underneath, when I unlocked the doors, the light would go on. It lights up the ground around the door.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
VirtualOutlook said:
I dont see a point in folding mirrors, it might look wierd on our car.
Yeah probably, but I am sure they would save a lot of people, I know a few members knocked them into their garages already....but just be careful and you shouldnt have any problems.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
If you're in need of folding mirrors to fit your car into your garage then you either need a smaller car or a bigger garage...maybe need to clean out some of the old crap we all seem to keep in our garages.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts