The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Lord of the rims
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took off my side molding tonite, and i see those dark outlines (not the sticky stuff)
is it just dirt? i cant get rid of them!!!
how get i get rid of them??!!
i tried goo off stuff, but it doesnt work..
any suggestions? :mad: :mad:

·
Banned
1 Posts
00000 said:
i took off my side molding tonite, and i see those dark outlines (not the sticky stuff)
is it just dirt? i cant get rid of them!!!
how get i get rid of them??!!
i tried goo off stuff, but it doesnt work..
any suggestions? :mad: :mad:
Maybe you need to buff it. Does it look like faded paint vs. protected paint?

·
Playing PS2
1,350 Posts
hey man if you have like any paint stores near you, they sell some stuff for that, it looks and smells like paint thinner. My uncle does body work and he uses all that stuff.

Pillage

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used Meguiars Clear Coat Body Scrub Paint Cleaner (long name but, good product.) I works for just about any stain in the paint. It took me about 30 mins on one side by hand and a friend finally got my buffer back to me just as I was starting the other side which took about 10 mins. Also, I heated them while taking them off and peeled slowly and most of the gunk came off initially.

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
I wanna pull mine off but scared to?! Just heat it up a lil bit???

·
Lord of the rims
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pillage said:
hey man if you have like any paint stores near you, they sell some stuff for that, it looks and smells like paint thinner. My uncle does body work and he uses all that stuff.

Pillage
exactly what am i looking for when i go the paint store?

·
Genki desu ka
477 Posts
Does anyone have pics with the moldings off? I've been thinking about doing it too. BTW is the ALTIMA "molding" on the trunk lid have hole underneath?

·
Lord of the rims
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
INDYALTY said:
Does anyone have pics with the moldings off? I've been thinking about doing it too. BTW is the ALTIMA "molding" on the trunk lid have hole underneath?
go the members' rides and look at "Michael"' 's post
his alty doesnt have molding
and i beleive there are many pix of alty without the molding in the gallery

·
Registered
656 Posts
no heating required just yank them thangs off! and peel away the gunk underneath and clean and wax and you should be good to go. as for the altima lettering on the back, no problem there either, just spray some WD40 on the letters and push them off. if u have a 93/94 however you'll leave holes on the trunk.

·
Registered
969 Posts
ya.. but it's easier if u use a hairdryer or heat gun (be careful w/the later... some of those get REAL hot)...

P

·
0 Posts
INDYALTY said:
Michael Cruz's

·
The Highest Grade
1,172 Posts
i had mad problems with the pin stripes, i ended up just replacing the part that i took off. was too much for me. im scared to try this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts