The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup!

My co-worker owns a 2.5SL and last night someone stole his 2 side mirrors! Who the hell needs 2k2 side mirrors? He went into K-mart, and when he came back out 15 min later, they were gone.
He is sooo pissed.

The worst part it that he went to the dealer, and they are charging him $200 for each mirror and mounting bracket. They said that they have to get it directly from the factory!

Is there anyone who knows of a cheaper way to get new mirrors?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Crap

I think those mirrors are going to be a hot item, since the mirrors dont "colapse" like most new car mirrors.

They'll be breaking off, and them they'll get stolen. Especially if the car is as hot a seller as we all think they will be.

·
Strong Soulja
32 Posts
tell ur friend to see if insurance can take care of it...
usually insurance can because the car is a liability..

these days people are scandalous...jealous mofos got nada better to do than to steal people's sheeeit...and to steal the 2 side mirrors..how low can u go...geez...i better keep an eye out on my mirrors too then...

·
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ken_Mou said:
tell ur friend to see if insurance can take care of it...
usually insurance can because the car is a liability..
NO dice...his decuctible is $1000..makes no sence to report it

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Re: Crap

OhTwoAltimaSE said:
I think those mirrors are going to be a hot item, since the mirrors dont "colapse" like most new car mirrors.
The 2000-2001 Altima mirrors don't fold either. I don't recall a stolen mirror(s) post before.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,758 Posts
mirror

2002Altima said:
Did they just break off his mirrors?

I went out and looked at mine, I would not know how to begin to get them off. How, i say, how???????????

·
10,373 Posts
will dogs, giev dave burnette a call. I'm sure they are much cheaper through him. And then let nissan install them, or another mechanic.

·
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris said:
will dogs, giev dave burnette a call. I'm sure they are much cheaper through him. And then let nissan install them, or another mechanic.
Good Idea Chris, i'll give him a call...Tanx!

·
Always something better
1,037 Posts
First off I would like to know how they got them off and was their any damage, and tell him to keep an eye out for some riced up honda with his mirrors:angry4:

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
I don't know about the 2002 mirrors, but there is no way you can remove my 2000's fixed mirrors without just breaking them off the car and causing all sorts of damage and noise.

BTW, this would be covered under comprehensive through his insurance. He may have a $1000 deductible on collision (which is still ludicrous) but I don't think it's even possible to have a $1000 deductible on comprehensive. My comp deductible is only $50 and the comp portion of my insurance is only $59.50 per half.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Yup some idiot busted them off for the sport of it. There's no way they could be reused unless they were unbolted from inside.

Someone once broke the mirror off the pass. side of my work car in a parking lot. I found it on my wiper when I came out of the store.

·
DRGN4DR
2,128 Posts
Re: mirror

wild willy said:

I went out and looked at mine, I would not know how to begin to get them off. How, i say, how???????????
these r simple to take off...the plastic that is the same color as the car pops righ off, then there are some screws in there...

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
Re: Re: mirror

SPL Hertz said:
these r simple to take off...the plastic that is the same color as the car pops righ off, then there are some screws in there...
No way!! Any idiot with a phillips screwdriver can take these off? If that's the case I'll replace mine with security Torx screws.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,758 Posts
Idiot

Well, I do not consider myself an idiot, but, I also would not start pulling on plastic pieces that I do not know if they will come off or not. But, then again, i never tried to steal someones mirrors. I can not imagine, at this point in time, what someone woud do with them.............

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
had this happen to me in my 91 civic years ago. they actually broke in and neatly unscrewed just the passenger mirror. that was before all cars had both mirrors standard. oh they also took my clock and the vent it was conected to...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts