The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
WTF are you guys doing to make them blow so fast? :confused: I've got about 20k miles on my KYB's, with about 1-2k of that being track time, and they're still fine. Or maybe mine are just the exception, and not the rule? :confused:

·
1st Gen SE Lover
2,520 Posts
It depends on how hard you are on them for any struts to blow. My stock SEs were gone after 30k.

My advice, Toks all the way. When my KYBs go and I replace them under the lifetime warranty, I'll get Toks in the meantime and save the KYBs for when the Toks go. :D

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
I can't say that I like either struts, too bad it is all we have. Wish we had some adjustables available.

I first had GC's and KYB. Lasted about 15k / 12 months. Then I changed suspension out to sprints with tokicos. Have had them for about the same amount of time, but about 25k and they need to be changed out. Just the fronts though the backs are still fine.

Orlando, FL roads are the worst. Potholes and construction everywhere.

Not sure what I am going to do next, still trying to decide.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
PT said:
WTF are you guys doing to make them blow so fast? :confused: I've got about 20k miles on my KYB's, with about 1-2k of that being track time, and they're still fine. Or maybe mine are just the exception, and not the rule? :confused:
when i first installed mine, they were kinda stiff. but don't feel it as much. either it has broken in or it broken my ass in :p they are still feeling pretty good tho. not bouncy at all.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts