The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is "simonize" i hear it from auto detailing shops. my mom gets it done by her dealership every year and the car comes out looking awesome, I wanted to know what it does and is it better than what i can do at home, i plan on getting my car done there this spring, when her car comes out all the swirls and scratches(that arent deep) are gone, its about $100 and they detail the outside and shampoo the interior

·
Illest in Nebraska
3,097 Posts
They probably just buff and polish the paint. They use a rubbing compound to cut the top of the clearcoat , then a polish which buffs out the smaller scratched and scuffs from the compound. The end result is a mirror finish, to much or when done the wrong way can result in paint damage.

The interior I haven't a clue about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
'simonize' is probably just some trade name for their service or something

I would recommend Meguires three stage system
It's called the 'Deep Crystal' system, I think I paid about 18 bucks for all three stages.

I just did it on my 93 alty recently and I can't see any swirls anymore. Granted the paint was in great condition when I got it, but it looks even better now. :D Just follow the directions on the bottle and you should be lookin good in no time ;)
Also I suggest making use of the free meguires advice hotline # on the back of the bottles if you're unsure about something

·
Small Units lives in Ohio
716 Posts
wuzzup said:
i have the deep crystal cleaning system which i used all the time before winter, but since we had such a bad winter here in CT the car is terrible, i did one panel with the system but it doesnt look that much better, it needs proffessional help to getting it looking like this again
ZAINO! It really works!

·
Registered
126 Posts
hey the car wash down the street say it uses simoniz wax maybe it is a type of liquid wax...I'll ask them next week when i get my car washed.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Simonize is just a manufacturer of car car products that has been around for a long time and the name has become a coomon term for car detailing. Why don't you clean the car yourself, even a chimp could do it. Go to a body shop of quality car store and get some Meguiars mirror glaze (not deep crystal) polishes and waxes and do it yourself, if you have any questions about the usage just ask or call Meguiars customer service. Instead of shampooing the interior, brush then pressure wash the mats and brush the carpets with a carpet cleaner (I use spray nine) and wipe clean with a cotton cloth. Learn this stuff, it will save you $ and you can keep you car lookin great all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts