The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a pic yet but I debadged the car.

I took the ALTIMA letters and spaced it out on the rear trunk chrome piece.
It fits perfectly and looks good.
I did an indent about 4cm in from both sides. I started the A 4cm in from the left and 4cm from the right.
I will try to post a pic later for you guys.

I am surprised none of you did that, lol

Oh, I used 3m red tape to stick on back of letters.
I used goo gone to remove the current tape, soak it for an hour and just scrape it off with an old butter knife or plastic tool (credit card)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
take your ALTIMA logo and space it out 6 or 7 cm apart on the chrome trunk piece
start with 4cm in
the trick is to measure from the end of each letter to the start of the other letter...e.g. L you measure to the start of the T the bar at the top of the T not to the stick part of the T. I will try to snap and post pics tomorrow. Go get the 3m body tape :) get your letters ready.
Tip - don't put the 3m sticker right to the end of the letters because when it heats up it might swell and show past the chrome letters, leave a tiny bit of room so you never see the black tape.

----A--L--T--I--M--A----

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe trying the A L T I M A mod

Thanks again for all your suggestions!

My neighbor happens to have a 2012 and my chrome is definitely NOT the same but it still might work. Yours is taller and has that flat part at the bottom which makes it look so good. Mine is going to just about fit the letters on it so not sure how it will turn out - eBay dude shipped them already.

Looks like the pix might actually have uploaded this time.

First one is mine still at the dealership with their crappy plate.
Second is mine using Paint program to white out the chrome.
Third is a shot I grabbed somewhere with the chrome color matched. This is what I was thinking of doing if the letters don't look "right."

·
2008 2.5S Sedan w/CVT
253 Posts
Looks good - I might have placed the letters just a tad higher but with these things it's hard to get a real sense of how it looks with a picture alone.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good - I might have placed the letters just a tad higher but with these things it's hard to get a real sense of how it looks with a picture alone.
You can't place them higher.
You do have the SAME chrome plate as mine.
I put my letters on the FLAT part of the chrome plate otherwise you will be laying letters on a curved surface.

Now as to your mod, it looks good with white piece and chrome ALTIMA.
I think that would look great if you painted the chrome same as the car then put the chrome ALTIMA letters. It will match the NISSAN logo.

It will give the car the right pop. Now you can add the chrome door handle covers.
Usually white and chrome does not create contrast but if you go around the car with the chrome in the right spots then you will have a even look right around the car.

Conversely as I mentioned change the letters with vinyl or plastidip to a brushed nickel or stainless steel color.

Can you make the ALTIMA letters white and stick ont he chrome so we can see the look. IF someone is good at photoshop they woudl do some quick mock ups for you.

ALSO consider this idea on your white car...a pin stripe not just plain stripe. Go look at the M35 pin stripe. My brother had a factory pinstripe on his M35 and it was a nice touch.

I think a brushed nickel look with brushed nickel pinstripe would look great on your white car.

What rims are on the car now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wrong poster :)

I think you're responding to a different poster AND me as well. I'm 2008AltimaSE35 and I know you couldn't place it higher as it HAS to go where you put it.

The one who suggested higher is 08AltimaDriver.

Just clearing things up ;-).

I know you're helping me out but take a closer look at my chrome - it has a white painted strip beneath it. You might have to blow it up to see it [Picture #1 ]. Yours is solid chrome top to bottom. Mine's not as "tall" as yours and that will give me less room for the letters top to bottom - may still look good, though. However I think painting the chrome white and THEN putting the letters on is the way to go. I understand what you're saying now. Rather than the OEM chrome, brush nickel the letters instead. Didn't realize that plastidip had those kinds of colors...nickel, steel, etc. I always thought they were just primary colors - need to research more. Does it hold up well?

Rims are nothing special...yet:

View attachment 81226

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you're responding to a different poster AND me as well. I'm 2008AltimaSE35 and I know you couldn't place it higher as it HAS to go where you put it.

The one who suggested higher is 08AltimaDriver.

Just clearing things up ;-).

I know you're helping me out but take a closer look at my chrome - it has a white painted strip beneath it. You might have to blow it up to see it [Picture #1 ]. Yours is solid chrome top to bottom. Mine's not as "tall" as yours and that will give me less room for the letters top to bottom - may still look good, though. However I think painting the chrome white and THEN putting the letters on is the way to go. I understand what you're saying now. Rather than the OEM chrome, brush nickel the letters instead. Didn't realize that plastidip had those kinds of colors...nickel, steel, etc. I always thought they were just primary colors - need to research more. Does it hold up well?

Rims are nothing special...yet:

View attachment 81226
You are right, replying to both of you, lol.

Your rims don't look bad, consider plastidip those to a gun metal grey color.
I think that would bring some nice contrast to the white car.

Guys say platidip hold up well. I think it depends on your prep.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
checkout this post
I think the black roof would look good on your car, there is a car like yours there in a pic

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/20...5/257809-pics-bats-roof-overlay-sedan-10.html

Also these rims would look good on your car...make the Nissan and ALTIMA logos the same color
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/20...re-picture-thread-see-1st-post-links-228.html

·
2008 2.5S Sedan w/CVT
253 Posts
Not sure if it'd fit, but in any case I'll just leave things be. If anything I'd remove everything and put ALTIMA where the medallion is above the chrome bar, or just debadge the whole shebang and leave it clean lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure if it'd fit, but in any case I'll just leave things be. If anything I'd remove everything and put ALTIMA where the medallion is above the chrome bar, or just debadge the whole shebang and leave it clean lol.
yeah, I suggested that remove the burger logo and place it there
I think it would look good there because you have the wing.
Just space it out a bit wider than I did.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's not a bad idea but now it's straying from your look, which looks factory, to just trying to make something happen. The color of your car, the shape and size of your chrome kind of call out for the "A L T I M A" to be on there.

If I noticed that yours and mine were different strips, and knew, as '08 pointed out, they were too big, I wouldn't have ordered new letters. Maybe they will look good in place of the burger, but man I hate that chrome strip!

BTW, those Maxima wheels you linked to look sharp!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's not a bad idea but now it's straying from your look, which looks factory, to just trying to make something happen. The color of your car, the shape and size of your chrome kind of call out for the "A L T I M A" to be on there.

If I noticed that yours and mine were different strips, and knew, as '08 pointed out, they were too big, I wouldn't have ordered new letters. Maybe they will look good in place of the burger, but man I hate that chrome strip!

BTW, those Maxima wheels you linked to look sharp!!!
Actually I think it will look good remove burger logo and stick altima there.
The old Acura Legends were like that.
Just test out the spacing first with scotch tape to see how it looks to the eye.
I think it will look slick.

btw read the thread or youtube to debadge, use hair dryer not heat gun.
hair dryer on low, be patient until the letters heat up and use a plastic scraper to pop them off.

post pics when you are done.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Some pix...

Yes, it's filthy and yes I should have used white masking tape on back but these letters been sitting around and just wanted to get the pix done and up to get some opinions so I can move on to my crappy looking headlights.

#1 The new letters come spaced evenly stuck on a clear plastic sheet so it's just a "why not" to see how it looks.
#2 Real quick w/no measured spacing...just thew them on.
#3 The white tape over the burger shot is probably a little TOO close up, but again just to get an idea. Need some imagination here.

From what I've seen of the old Legends, they still do have the logo - it's just much higher and smaller than our burger and that's why I think it looks good on them.

I knew right away what I wanted to do when looking at the car but now not so sure after uploading the pix. Which way...or just toss the letters?

Thx.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts