The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like no one knows a thing about nissan i guess. 11' altima 2.5 no engine light car "shifts" into 2 wont go into 3 4 5 or 6 goes to 2 and rpms go up as the speed goes up. Someone has had to have this problem before and knows a solution. Im not paying some guy 150 at nissan to tell me i need a transmission. Just because i make good money doesnt mean I'm going to hand it away. Now if I get a new entire valve body. Does the whole tcl have to be replaced or reprogrammed or what?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seems like no one knows a thing about nissan i guess. 11' altima 2.5 no engine light car "shifts" into 2 wont go into 3 4 5 or 6 goes to 2 and rpms go up as the speed goes up. Someone has had to have this problem before and knows a solution. Im not paying some guy 150 at nissan to tell me i need a transmission. Just because i make good money doesnt mean I'm going to hand it away. Now if I get a new entire valve body. Does the whole tcl have to be replaced or reprogrammed or what?
Trade it in while it’s halfway working. My suggestion: toyota or Lexus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem. Slip Indicator light randomly goes on for no apparent reason. I have read all the forums; Brake, Check BCM 10 am fuse. Coolant and power steering fluid must be full. Battery black cable was be removed; clean and reattach. Tire sensors must be checked. Brake pad etcetera must be checked.
The Nissan dealer never heard of this problem. Never ????
I had diagnostics done and there is supposedly no service code for a random slip indicator light.
Service code PC 101 goes on.
I am now about to upgrade the BCM software at the Nissan dealer.
After that ??? who knows. Is there someone in Nissan ???

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,648 Posts
Slip means that you have a rotational discrepancy in one of the wheels...it can be ABS sensor/wiring related, it can be differential tire wear/pressure (like one new tire/3 old or one with low pressure), and it can be partially seized brakes related (and probably more things that didn't come off the top of my head).

As your brake pads wear down, the fluid level drops in the reservoir (as there is more in the caliper piston cylinders now)...usually this causes BRAKE/ABS to come on though...but worth checking/topping off just the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Slip means that you have a rotational discrepancy in one of the wheels...it can be ABS sensor/wiring related, it can be differential tire wear/pressure (like one new tire/3 old or one with low pressure), and it can be partially seized brakes related (and probably more things that didn't come off the top of my head).

As your brake pads wear down, the fluid level drops in the reservoir (as there is more in the caliper piston cylinders now)...usually this causes BRAKE/ABS to come on though...but worth checking/topping off just the same.
RESPONSE
I had one tire with a slow leak and had it fixed yesterday. I can only hope this is the problem (I doubt it though).
I am also taking the 12 Altima in for upgraded BCM software next week. There is a service bulletin called "MIL ON WITH DTC PO 101" on this software update that the Nissan dealer brought to my attention. $ 119.

Nissan states they never heard of this problem. I actually think they never could fix this problem…………….

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,219 Posts
RESPONSE

I am also taking the 12 Altima in for upgraded BCM software next week. There is a service bulletin called "MIL ON WITH DTC PO 101" on this software update that the Nissan dealer brought to my attention. $ 119.
Fu%% Nissan! I would not do this fix. If you read on it...a lot of people have had this flash done with no success. I discussed with my dealer and they seemed clueless to the known Issue-TSB. The code is a false code. It is a programming issue. My light has been coming on for 2 years. No drive-ability issues, MPG differences....NOTHING. Light comes on, I shut off. Sometimes 100, sometimes 300, 1000 up to 5000 miles between light resurfacing

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,219 Posts
Make sure it is the same code every time....Dont want to clear and not address a real one

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fu%% Nissan! I would not do this fix. If you read on it...a lot of people have had this flash done with no success. I discussed with my dealer and they seemed clueless to the known Issue-TSB. The code is a false code. It is a programming issue. My light has been coming on for 2 years. No drive-ability issues, MPG differences....NOTHING. Light comes on, I shut off. Sometimes 100, sometimes 300, 1000 up to 5000 miles between light resurfacing
RESPONSE
Yes exactly the same with me. Check Service engine light has been on for about 5 months though but no problems except randomly the slip indicator light periodically comes on.
I pull over. Shut off and turn back on.
Sometimes I have to turn it "on" twice but seldom. Happens very randomly. Sometimes twice a week; sometimes twice a month.
Does your "check engine soon" light stay on ?

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,219 Posts
RESPONSE
Yes exactly the same with me. Check Service engine light has been on for about 5 months though but no problems except randomly the slip indicator light periodically comes on.
I pull over. Shut off and turn back on.
Sometimes I have to turn it "on" twice but seldom. Happens very randomly. Sometimes twice a week; sometimes twice a month.
Does your "check engine soon" light stay on ?
I turn it off with my reader every time it comes on. It will stay on until I turn it off. I have never has a slip indicator light appear associated with this particular issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
good luck
I had the slip indicator light go on again yesterday for no reason.
I have tried pretty much everything. Now I am going back to Nissan dealer for BCM software and hoping the slip indicator light comes on so they can try to diagnostic while the car is there. The Service Engine light is a constant.
Tires we check this week. Fluids OK. Battery checked.
I am writing to Nissan directly this weekend since there dealer has never hears of a random slip indicator light going on.

Any other suggestions before I write Nissan USA.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have tried pretty much everything. Now I am going back to Nissan dealer for BCM software and hoping the slip indicator light comes on so they can try to diagnostic while the car is there. The Service Engine light is a constant.
I am writing to Nissan directly this weekend since there dealer has never hears of a random slip indicator light going on.

Don’t waste your time. If u want nissans attention ur efforts are better spent going to small claims court.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,219 Posts
https://www.nissanclub.com/threads/choke-sputter-no-rev-over-2400rpm.518568/I had the slip indicator light go on again yesterday for no reason.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts