The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a single tipped muffler for 2.5S. Since I like to drive quietly, I don't want any muffler that makes any loud sounds. (I'm just going for the looks). Plus, the muffler for the 2.5S is way too ugly. Muffler with no sound plus an improving performace will be even better. Any recommendation? Also, what is the difference between an exhaust and a muffler? Sorry, I'm a newbie.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
a full exhaust system will include the piping from the cat convertor all the way to the muffler(also known as a B pipe). A muffler is just the rear section where the gas escapes. If you want a quiet muffler, i would highly reccomend looking into a remus. However, even if that is too loud for your tastes, try to purchase a used 3.5se muffler or maxima muffler and have a tip of your choice welded onto it.

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
i've been told that there is no performance difference between the SE muffler and the 2.5s muffler. if you want an increase in hp, i would recommend the maxima muffler. supposedly, it gives an extra 5hp. as for the 2.5 muffler being ugly, well i like it. check my registry for pics. ~ ed

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
the maxima muffler (5th gen) actually has two valves inside it. During normal driving only one opens up so you have a small amount of back pressure. During hard driving, both open up and are nice and free flowing. I like the aftermarket tips you installed on your ride stillen23.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Stillen23 said:
thanx panteedropper. kinda expensive i think. $35 shipped from ebay.
35 per tip or for both? the price isnt too bad. I'm sure its quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts