The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey whats up so glad to find a good site. Well I just dropped my money on a Tan 2000 SE. Love the car. I'm looking to make it a sleeper, I would much rather reserve the looks for something more aggressive. But everyone has their own tastes and some bodykits look great on here. So my question is - What steps would you take to make it a sleeper? I was thinking

1) Y-pipe
2) Exhaust
3) All handling upgrades...tires. maybe rims but I want to keep it ultra sleeper...sways..and the works.
4) NOS
5) Supercharger and anything else you need for it....I don't want to get all fancy turboed with this one...so who all makes superchargers for 2000 Altima...Stillen is the only one I know...and a price would be good.
6) shortshifter since it's a 5 speed.
7)intake
8) UDP
9)lightened flywheel
10)clutch
That's all i can think of now....so all your input would help...remember all performance...thanks.

_mark

BTW anyone on here with an altima like i want that i can talk 2...or that has supercharger or turbo>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shri222 said:
ecu/chip, ignition system
Thanks, any ideas where to get the Supercharger and how much? Would everything I need come with it,,, is the tranny and internals strong enough?

·
1,894 Posts
No one makes a supercharger or a turbo for a 2nd gen. So if you really wanted one, you'd have to do a custom job. Though the stock internals are strong enough for a 50-75 shot of nitrous if that helps.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
933 Posts
u can get a UR Pulley, lightend fly wheel, PR CAI , and EXHAUST , from [email protected], u can get tha other parts from www.stillen.com, u can get a front tower strut bar from www.NOPI.com, u can get Sprint Lowering Springz ( 2" drop ) at www.impactparts.com for $116.95, and KYB Struts at www.tirerack.com for $260, ay jus drop me an email , and ill give u all my sites for performance parts , cuz there is jus to much to write :D

·
H.N.I.C.
2,773 Posts
bigger trottle body (some people use Auto on a stick, but u could jus bore it out)

porting and polishing...
there is a website that has higher compressin' piston's that are available wit a coating to handle 100+ NOS shots or lower compression coated ones for tubos

Welton had a website for some cam regrinds that sound straight...

um...
Sleeper, houstonaltima, Knight Rydah's old car (RIP) are some straight sleeper cars...

SHAWN (14.6 wit slicks) and Vtec killer are the fastest all motors..

Rick is one of the faster NOS'd

·
7,727 Posts
IMO if you wanted to go total sleeper. I would get the eibachs rather than the sprints. The sprints are a noticeable drop.

I also think that the 5th gen max muffler does not look stock. It might look somewhat stock to someone unfamiliar with Nissans. But anyone with a nissan would probably be able to spot it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You are absolutely correct. . .anyone with a knowelege of Nissan is gonna know that the Max muffler is not stock. . .but those who don't have a clue will be thrown for a loop!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
GrandMaster NEWB said:
Get pulleys too.....dont know if u mentioned those yet...
I think he said UDP and those are pulleys. KCPreki11, are you a Maxima enthusiast? Cuz Altimas don't have Y-Pipes...just headers.
Also, stillen makes SC for Maximas...none for altimas...yet!

Jay

1 - 13 of 13 Posts