The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
No Way is The Way -B. Lee
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know how working out your supposed to sleep 6-8 hours a day, but since i work and have school now is it ok just to get 5-6 hours of sleep everyday i work out (since i decided ill have more time to workout in the mornings) then 8 hours on my days in between and sleep in on weekends?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
u'd prob need an expert on this, ive been wondering myself how much it really affects you. and well, i wonder if sleeping less than 7-8 hours but eating right when waking up cancels out any muscle loss, or what. Cus i know after sleeping for a few hours u start like burn some muscle, cus ur fasting for those 8 hours, but on the other hand, u need sleep forur muscles to repair and grow, so i dunno if one cancels out the other or what.

·
No Way is The Way -B. Lee
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i remember how the body sleeps in cycles, and it repeats the cycle every 2 hours, during the 2nd part your body repairs itself, so maybe you need 3-4 cycles for your body to repair right?

·
I'm on a mission from God
217 Posts
I work full time 40 hrs a week plus overtime and I took one college class in the summer and I only got about 5-6 hours of sleep some times less, you will have to get good undisturbed sleep, for me I wasn't affected much in the mass department I still kept my 225lb weight through the summer I was about 15% body fat also, some people can't get buy with less than 8 some can you'll just have to try it and see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts