The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be looking for sloted Rotors - anybody can give me ideas about good high performance sloted Rotors
I am also thinking of installing high performance Brake pads - with little or no dust coming off - what about Raybestos, ceramic pads or Hawk perforamnce/high performance pads
Let me have all your opinions on that and what product is better then the other and why

·
Chinese Foooooooooooddd!
705 Posts
there is a GD going on for rotors in the group buy forum. don't know if it's still going, but you probably can pm the guy(maxed up?) and he would give you a deal on them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anybody recommend and give us names of good slotted rotores and good Pads? I might be looking for ceramic ones to limit dust - how are Raybestos or Hawk pads - is one better then the other.

·
Slave to the Wife
360 Posts
thats what I need I need some sloted rotors. as for the pads you could get the best like hawk, but for me im going to sears automotive and have them install the raybestos ceramic pads for me.(ps. sears has the hawk pads also. im just going fo buget.)

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
franzd said:
Can anybody recommend and give us names of good slotted rotores and good Pads? I might be looking for ceramic ones to limit dust - how are Raybestos or Hawk pads - is one better then the other.
Just picked up a set of Powerslot rotors from www.buybrakes.com. I think total came up to $168-$169 free shipping.

Anyway, I am DEFINITELY PLEASED. Now I feel THIS is the way my Altima should have stopped in the first place. Also on stock pads... After driving for a few days, I'd recommend a brake pad that bites more like Hawk... Its very soft, but it still stops quickly...

·
Switched to a Maxima
200 Posts
I could use a nice set of blue brakes for my car. Wish i can find that. Maybe i'll just paint the ones i have now. I only have 13K on my car

·
Switched to a Maxima
200 Posts
yea i meant calipers.. i was just looking at the word brakes and typed it... my bad but good catch... It takes time to do like you said. I did it in red to my neon. took me a few hours.

·
Registered
464 Posts
As for rotors Go Power Slot, they are very good rotors. Pads is a bit more tricky. If you want low dust go Satified Pro Ceramic. If you want less (than stock) dust but an increase in stopping power go Hawk HPS Street.

For the Blue calipers We sell the G2 Caliper paint system in blue. It is like $38.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blake I dont care so much about stoping power, if the new pads perform at least as teh stock pads I am happy. My goal is to reduce the brake dust and to have quit pads - will the satisfied Pro Ceramic fall inot that categorie - are they quit
How about Raybestos ceramic ones?? Any idea how they perform

1 - 14 of 14 Posts