The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Big Intercooled Member
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew the motor in my 1997:(. I got a second gen 1998 motor thrown in and now the car is slower. Is there a difference between the two motors?? If I put on my first gen head would that help out??? Are there any things I can do to pep this beast up. BTW I have I/H/E.

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
dang, dont tell me this man! lol, im buying a 00-01 eng next week and i dont want to be slower... not sure whats wrong with yours though, timing on?

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
ITZSLOW said:
I blew the motor in my 1997:(. I got a second gen 1998 motor thrown in and now the car is slower. Is there a difference between the two motors?? If I put on my first gen head would that help out??? Are there any things I can do to pep this beast up. BTW I have I/H/E.
97 and 98 should be identical ...same HP ratings ...Different cam profile may be your problem ... Swap the cams out and you should be back to the 97 specs...Or just get a set of JWT cams !!

·
I Don't Drive An Altima
1,083 Posts
My sister's 1999 feels slow than my 1994 also. I think it is the obd II vs. My OBD I

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
now im worried... what is the 00 engine gonna feel like in my 94?? it will have i/e/h/p and lightened flywheel, BUT it will also be obd1.... what do you think, shawn?

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
asleepaltima said:
now im worried... what is the 00 engine gonna feel like in my 94?? it will have i/e/h/p and lightened flywheel, BUT it will also be obd1.... what do you think, shawn?
if you use all your 94 injection it should feel exactly the same ...

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
kewl... its gonna be nice going from what i have now to the addition of that 5 hp and the pulley and flywheel.

·
Big Intercooled Member
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont care, I have the bottle now:), but I just wish I had some more power all motor:(

·
Banned
413 Posts
My mom has a 97 Altima it's very slugish and slow I have a 93 Altima and it's fast and has very good throtle response. Somethnig to do with the transmisson?

·
maybe another alty soon?
1,509 Posts
^ Is your mom's Altima auto and yours is 5 spd? That would make a huge difference..

·
588 Posts
no, the 2000 engine is fast, i have a 98 and a 2000, and hte 2000 is a lot faster than my 98

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
im gonna go with the 01 engine with 1000 miles instead. its only 300 bucks more. i was reading up about the 00 and up engines and theyve been reworked internally to run smoother and more reliable. mine was already reliable but it wasnt smooth. i should be picking up the engine this week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts