The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if it was the SOHC or DOHC (160 hp vs. 190 hp) maxima but i lined up at the light with him and about 50 yards after the light the two lanes merge so we knew it was on the second I rolled up next to him. I glanced at him, he glanced back I figured I had him in the bag, no need to power brake or anything. Light turned green, i pressed pedal down about 3/4 (i have an auto) started pulling about half car length on him, i hit 40mph, car shifted into second .. boom .. about 2-3 car lengths on him. No question after I started pulling away, I hit about 80 then slowed down to speed limit (50mph). That guy musta enjoyed watching my baby's ass cause that was the only view he got. I would have loved to know which model it was though. Oh wellz.

JoE

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
lol. i whooped a max too. there is just something wrong here

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
i whipped a 94 max gle....was funny as hell cuz there were two lanes and a car in one of them so i took off, beat him, got in front of him and slowed down to the speed of the car in the other lane. LoL...he was blocked in, but NOooooo!!! This dumbass decides he'll be smart and use the shoulder to pass around the other car and get in front....Well, he did, LoL, and as i stared in amazement at his stupidity, a cop sped up quick from behind us and used the shoulder to pass us, then pulled his ass over. LoL!!! I was laughing my ass off so much.

·
1st Gen SE Lover
2,520 Posts
My cousin has a 93 max gxe. It's got the sohc and produces 160hp. The SE version was making 190hp.

Both of us autos, his with intake and muffler and sprint springs, mine bone stock and the most he could take me was by 1 carlength.

But I could toast him on the highway because of my nimble handling. :D

Haven't raced him yet since I put in the HS 4-2-1 or greddy or advanced the timing. But since I'm almost dead even with 87 na 300zs (had the same 160hp engine), I'm sure I could toast him. :D

It's amazing how technology in the engines can change so much and deliver so much more power. Just look at how the new 2.5s has so much more power with only .1 more displacement. And then the rsx is amazing too. 240hp out of only 2.0 liters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts