The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I raced my friends Volvo C70 .. its a 2 door not sure what year i think 2000. I believe these cars have an inline 5 engine ... not sure on the hp. My friend says the car has a stock turbo in it also but he is an auto. Well anyway .. I'll break down the race...

We are on a 2 lane highway with traffic lights and we both pull up to a red light. He's in the left lane and I pull up in the right lane. I start power braking to about 1500 rpms and decide to race in gears (1-2-3-D .. im an auto) Light turns green, I get a great off the line start, I am about quarter car length in front of him and I shift into 2nd gear around 40 mph. All of the sudden his car takes off ... I shift into 3rd gear around 70 (not sure cause I was just in awe as he flew by me) and I slam on the pedal and he gains about a car and a half length on me. I hit about 90 mph with him about 2 car lengths in front of me, and then he decided to call it quits and brake.

It got the adrenaline rushing and I figured he was going to beat me, but it was a good race.
Ah well ... I called a rematch after I get my CAI and Exhaust. hehe ..

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok .. now I feel a LITTLE better about losing .. here's why ...

The engine in the c70 coupe is an inline 5-1 with 236hp and 244 lb torque!! Its a FWD and weighs around 3200lbs. This car might even take you 3.5er's! heh ..

·
Red Sleeper
5,340 Posts
yeah......turb'd volvo's are quick........i got raped and left for dead by a 850R or a 750 R.......shit i can't remember the # but all i saw was his rear bumper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts