The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes!

Just a thought as we Canucks enter into another bitter winter--the 17 inchers on the SE 3.5 I take possession of on TUESDAY!!! will likely be pretty great for 3 season riding--I'm thinking of getting fatty tires to go on 15 inch wheels for the winters though--any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd probably just go with 16's instead, and then just look on discount tire direct or the tire rack for correct sizing.

G

·
artic alpine comes in a 215-60-17 size and they are those Q rated tires. Since I managed to pick up 4 rims, I am going to have two sets of tires. I noticed on tire rack, they have a 16" setup for the SE but I think going aftermarket for 17" aluminum rims which look similar to the factory rims is the way to go. Yes, it gets a little steep on the expense side but getting stuck once in snow country, on a mountain road, while snowing might not be a good thing in particular when there is no cell service where I go.

I spoke to Nissan and the realize that nobody makes a exact snow tire for our cars but the 215/60 and even the 225/55 would do the trick. I prefer to have a slightly narrower tire for snow because of the better ability to dig into the snow pack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts