The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no meets ive been looking for a couple of weeks now and i havnt seen so cal meets cmon folks we gotta get some meets in so cal. some nice canyon runs also. i attended a civic meet last weekend and i must say it was very nicely planned. 25 cars and a nice canyon run and bowling afterwards. wish there were something like that in here :(

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
no meets? there was a HUGE one last week at the Nissan Bash in Cypress. Us Altimas OWNED when we rolledi n there at 12. There's not another big meet yet in the works. There's the driftshowoff this sunday though, and I'll be attending along with JBL85. www.driftshowoff.com

·
Willow Springs, Turn 4
1,034 Posts
Altima2.5S03 said:
no meets ive been looking for a couple of weeks now and i havnt seen so cal meets cmon folks we gotta get some meets in so cal. some nice canyon runs also. i attended a civic meet last weekend and i must say it was very nicely planned. 25 cars and a nice canyon run and bowling afterwards. wish there were something like that in here :(

Set it up !

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my car is on order dont have it yet, getting it this week sometime :) havnt been to an alti meet how could i set one up if i havnt attended one :p but the day will come i am now in the process of finding some nice canyons where there are no po-po;s so we can have some fun with the alti's turnbull canyon is pretty fun looking for some other nice ones :)

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
where do you live dude? we can arrange a mini-meet at krispy kreme in Puente Hills if you want. There's at least 3 of us nearby. :)

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
I don't mind canyon runs. I just don't want to deal with cops. I'll have a clean record after this year... so after this year... I wont' care :)

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Canyon runs are only fun if everyone is capable of outrunning the cops. People can ride with me for canyon runs if they really want. If people get caught it's a downer for everyone else in the group. We keep our insane behavior to the confines of Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, California Speedway, and Dromo1. :D

·
Registered
349 Posts
TweekersAltima said:
wait, so on these "canyon runs" are you talkin' bout drifting etc. BTW, Azusa Cnyn's are heavily watched lately. So no go on the Azusa Canyons.

hmmm hehe the week of the all Nissan meet my friends did a canyon run there with all their Audi/Porsche buddies... pretty cool!

avoid Topanga canyon= cops up to the wazoO!

·
Banned
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well cops werent a problem last weekend. we had no problems. we had ours at Turnbull Canyon and it was pretty fun we went down it and came back up even more fun the second time. but yes cops do turn into problems and even worse if your heavily moded:( i would like to participate in those track days people are talkin about how much a car? and whats the dromo days is it those go carts?? thanks

·
Yeah, I've got em
241 Posts
Yeah for Canyon you need a fast car in front AND in back! And you can't go with slow wussies or inexperienced driver cause then ppl get pinched.

I'd rather go to El Centro for thrills.... they race till 8:00 at night!

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts

^ Canyon Run, he is a good driver, just doing 90mph, The beauty of all wheel drive doesnt mean it will save your ass, just safter then FWD or RWD in wet weather.

Funny thing about this is he was going so fast in the canyon a cop tried chasing him, he was going so fast he lost the cop and didnt know, when cops found him, it was because he called 911 + a tow truck.

Cops were pissed at him cuz they said we were chasing you and he said I had no idea. So he slid off the road, down the cliff into a telephone poll which saved him from going down the hilll.

Crazy thing is, there were 2 passengers, the driver and someone sitting in back (front seat was out) where the car hit, both were ok amazingly enough.

·
Registered
349 Posts
TweekersAltima said:
wide open roads with no traffic at all > canyon runs where you drift around corners and kill innocent oncoming traffic!
or patches of gravel and slide down an embankment and die!!!

drive with over enthusiastic amatuers who drive off cliffs...

drive with nervous wrecks who brake at all the wrong times and cause wrecks

people with no brakes driving behind people with big brakes...

yah... alota things to watch out for out there!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts