The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y'all remember me first coming on here when I needed to fit my Pyramids into the rear deck. I've done a few things since then. So I now have:

Infinity Reference 4x6's in front ($80 from CarDomain)
Pioneer 4-way 6x9's in back (bought from rf_fanatic)
Twin 10" 200W RMS Coustic subs, in a sealed box in the trunk (bought from Poetic)
"Old Ironsides" (JVC HU that I've had since the CRX back in '01 - might be replacing it with another JVC that plays MP3/WMV's)
Xplod 1800W amp for the subs, bridged for 300Wx2 RMS (when it blows up, you can all join in a chant of "Told you so" - in DTS Surround if it makes you happy. Until then, please STFU) :D

Total (new) expenses for the rig are $278. The pure quality of the sound I get now is more than worth it. Oh yeah, I got the Pioneers because I dropped one of my beloved Pyramids while doing the rear deck conversion. :crying: Shame. For the rear, I got 6x9 spacers, and cut the deck where I needed to. Unfortunately I didn't quite measure it right, so I ended up cutting into the speaker holes too. No biggie.

I'll post some pics of the setup soon, and those of you who attend the 9/18 NJ meet will get to hear it. :cool:

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds a LOT better, though. Good enough that I'm done upgrading it, unless someone decides to drop off some Kappas at my doorstep. I guess the question to ask is, what do I want the sound for? To show off, or to enjoy my music at above-satisfactory quality?

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But I don't have component speakers...
I wish I did, tho...speaker placement in '93s sucks. My left leg basically blocks the left-front speaker, so I have to keep adjusting the balance depending on whether or not I wore jeans that day.

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
1,874 Posts
if you have to adjust your balance because you leg is blocking the music, then dude, definitely get new speakers. my components are LOUD regardless, whether something is blocking the speaker or not. ;)

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OBVIOUSLY!!

My conscience won't let me spend $100 to replace $80 speakers that I JUST GOT. Besides, the 6x9's in back compensate.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
GcDiaz said:
But I don't have component speakers...
I wish I did, tho...speaker placement in '93s sucks. My left leg basically blocks the left-front speaker, so I have to keep adjusting the balance depending on whether or not I wore jeans that day.
You need a crossover regardless if it's a component speaker or not. The crossover on a component speaker will split the signal between the tweeter and the woofer. The crossover I speak of cuts the BASS from your interiors so your subs can do their thing.

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
the only thing he needs for the front, if he wants to do it, is a small in line capacitor for each speaker. i think partsexpress sells them as "bass blockers".

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I know of those...I was going to use them to keep the 4x6's from ever sounding distorted...what I ended up doing was just tuning the bass to -2 on my HU, and upping the level on the subs. Works like a charm.

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
GcDiaz said:
Yeah, I know of those...I was going to use them to keep the 4x6's from ever sounding distorted...what I ended up doing was just tuning the bass to -2 on my HU, and upping the level on the subs. Works like a charm.
thats what i did, but them when i turn it on to just radio and not cd i have to change the bass lever back to -5 . so the amps i bought now have a control switch where i can adjust the lever of gain. rockford amps are cool !!

·
Thought Police Officer
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh I don't have that problem, particularly since I have no radio antenna, therefore no reception, therefore no radio! No CD changer either, so I'm like a freakin' DJ-on-wheels.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts