The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i hit a pothole...wasnt that big...not too much of a thump....but i heard my cap off my 95 se rim pop out and roll...when i got out to look i found my cap squashed and this broken bolt....
i just got my suspension/alighnment done at a kinda shady shop so i figured they were to blame...so i went to the guy with the bolt and he told me that it was rusted and that that was my prob and the reason why it broke...so whe we put my car on the lift...there was nothing missing on my car everything was correct... nothing was loose...so he said that it wasnt from my car...but then i asked him why my cap popped out....it never did that before hitting bigger potholes ...he said maybe because the new suspension is hitting harder that the older one beause it still like new...i dunno...anyway my car is running fine...everything looked fine when i lifted it....i just wanna make sure....heres a pic of the bolt...if it looks familiar let me know....thanks

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
did you find the bolt near the car or on the car...

could be someone else's that just so happened to be where your car stopped.

also, if you jack the car up again, look for a similar bolt to see.. if you don't must not have been your car.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats what the mechanic said first....he even check up a price on them....but when he looked at the car on the lift...nothing was missing and everything was tight like it should be....there was a bolt for every side...like for each left one there was a right one...im buggin...i hope its not from my car...i thought maybe since i just put the rear sway also with the suspension.... and maybe since i put it on oversteer that maybe it gave more stress to the front suspension and that this was the outcome...
:confused: :confused: :angry2: :confused:

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Thats a broken sway bar end link and bushing !!! Have a good shop look at them , or it could just be from the last person who hit that pothole !!!!!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SHAWN said:
Thats a broken sway bar end link and bushing !!! Have a good shop look at them , or it could just be from the last person who hit that pothole !!!!!
right that is what i thought it was....then i got a good look and mine was there.....at the both ends of the sway bar....also this one was bigger....i just drove my car again and nothing no noises no funny shaking nothing....i dunno i guess ill just have to find out in the long run...which fuken suks...but what the hell am i gonna do...i guess ill just have to take it easy from now on.....thanks peeps..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.