Moonroof, spoiler, side sills
13,300 miles, 16 months old
IMMACULATE condition (no BS)

$16,000 on a trade in :rolleyes: Mind you I paid 26K for it

"welp, thanks for your time" . . as I walked away feeling like :squint:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
16K isnt terrible actually. Ebay is a real big hassle because shipping a car is no fun at all.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Dude - with all respect - you bought a 2003 Altima... it's 2004 now. You want to get a different car. What were you thinking???

I hate to see people do this stuff. You will ALWAYS lose money.

When you buy a car, you should research competitors and future models and figure if you can hold it for some years.

Well, you do that if you don't want your paycheck to go to car manufacturers for years and years anyway :)

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
^Very true in 90% of the cases but what if you buy the car and you are having different problems all the time and within a yr you are so fed up that you rather sell it and get a new one and save the aggrevation.

He's not sellin it for the heck of it but he has had so many problems with the car that he can write a book on it ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Might as well write the book, everybody is doing it these days. Might actually get a sweet publishing deal and be able to afford one of those sweet TL's or and even more diabetes inducing RL when it comes out. Damn I need to go find a typewriter.

·
9:15
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rookie said:
Dude - with all respect - you bought a 2003 Altima... it's 2004 now. You want to get a different car. What were you thinking???
Dude, when I bought the car 16 months ago I never expected the entire experience to be a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE! :rolleyes: On top of problem after problem.. . the thought of having to deal with Nissan service. . uh, COMPLETE LACK OF service I should say for another 4 years just makes me wanna :vomit: I bought this car expecting to own it for at least 5 years. . but all the bullshit I been through, its time to cut my losses. . thats the story. I'm not one of those people. . "Oh I just bought a 2.5, but now 2 months later I really want a 3.5 :( Lemme trade it in and get hit over the ****ing head". . I'm not stupid bro, just fed the **** up. . and I'm sorry guys.. but my shit is mint. . 16K IS NOT FAIR

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
Jaystarzz said:
I'm sorry guys.. but my shit is mint. . 16K IS NOT FAIR
I agree, just looking at your pics in the Registry makes me wonder why the hell is your car more cleanand shinier then mine and I actually wash it every week myself. :(

16K is low, you should get close to $17,500 or better atleast.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
what car are you thinking about btw?, if i were you, i would be taking a good look at the bmw 3 series.

·
Honorary So Cal Member
16,046 Posts
Man that really sucks to hear that. I would try to sell it to a private buyer. Will get a lot more money than a trade. I know it is a pain in the ass but you will get more that is the point. More money for that down you are going to need.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm more interested in what kind of problems you got with that particular car of yours, which is all relevant to us who are still altima owners. And the nature of the problems really tie into the pricing as well. You're not talking about a regular '03 3.5 anymore here, are you?

·
9:15
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^ I just don't have it in me right now to dig up all the threads on my problems. .. I've just filed a complaint with the BBB autoline & the arbritration should start very soon. . providing Nissan will step up to the plate & fix the damn car, I will then look into selling it as I could not in good concious sell the car to someone claiming there are no problems. . of course I didn't mention that to the Acura people. . as I was just there to get an estimate. . so the problems had no affect on the # they gave me. .

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Jaystarzz said:
Dude, when I bought the car 16 months ago I never expected the entire experience to be a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE! :rolleyes: On top of problem after problem.. . the thought of having to deal with Nissan service. . uh, COMPLETE LACK OF service I should say for another 4 years just makes me wanna :vomit: I bought this car expecting to own it for at least 5 years. . but all the bullshit I been through, its time to cut my losses. . thats the story. I'm not one of those people. . "Oh I just bought a 2.5, but now 2 months later I really want a 3.5 :( Lemme trade it in and get hit over the ****ing head". . I'm not stupid bro, just fed the **** up. . and I'm sorry guys.. but my shit is mint. . 16K IS NOT FAIR
Awwwww.... man, sorry, I know what you mean... that suckz... I guess I was a bit clueless as I did not hang out around here as much recently :(

I know what U mean though... I did what you are doing with the 2000 Ford-out-of-Focus. After 6-7 recalls (one of which was "Your right back wheel might detach from the vehicle while driving" :confused: ) I got rid of that crap quick... git hit with about $2.5 K that I rolled into my Altima...

Anyhow - private might be the way to go in that case... it is a bit of pain in teh rear, but it might be worth it few Gs for ya.

·
Knight Davion
542 Posts
Yea Jaystarzz, thats a low-ball offer. Just go to cars.com or carsdirect.com and post up your car for sale there. I thinks its like $50 bux for an unlimited amount of time so just put it up for like 20k and see what happens. Good luck with it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts