The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Firday ringleader
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says, the rolling stones are performing.... i dunno if i should be excited, as i was never much of a fan.... o well, at least theres the free booze to look forward to.

<disclaimer> i am bored and want to go home. this thread is a direct result of this...

·
silver car ownin mofo
156 Posts
ours is at the hammerstein ballroom in nyc as it always is .. 6k plus ppl in attendance, free booze and food, and multiple headliners as surprise ...and a car home (1 person fell off the train one christmas and ever since then we have free town car rides home)...no one escapes from our parties not drunk !

one christmas a girl had to help me out the door of the venue ... hahaa

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Ugh...christmas. The older you get, the more you start to dread that word because you spend so much and get nothing in return. I was walking around Macys 2 WEEKS AGO and they already setting up the christmas decorations and items.

My Christmas party isn't too bad. It's not really a party but more of a let's eat, shake hands, and leave. It's a lot of older people (50+) and not many women (mainly engineers). Food is good though and its during work hours so that makes up for it :bigok:

·
Firday ringleader
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ive only been here at my company for 1 xmas party, so i cant really compare. last years was about 500 ppl (only workers, no friends or spouses) with buffet and free booze all night long. i just kept pounding soco limes to the point where the bartended started giving me full cups.

supposedly the stones appearance is the first of many surprises, so im hoping they will get better. to get shitfaced on company buck is :bigok: to me

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
you sure this isn't a Stones cover band? I mean, they're on tour right now, making millions of dollars per sold-out show, and they're going to come play at a Christmas party for 500 or so people? Just curious where their incentive is in that.

·
Firday ringleader
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
from what i understand, these are THE stones, not a cover..... from what i heard, ALOT of strings were pulled for this...

that's not to say they arent getting paid for it. but those details are left to the bean counters

·
I cant get no sleep!
140 Posts
Just curious what companies you guys work for. I work for Alienware and we a have stupid dinner at some Hotel in South Beach. No headline acts but we do get a room for free so we have no Dui's on the way home lol. Nothing like ordering triple Remy Martins on the bosses tab.

·
Smell it, fools...
1,728 Posts
Hehe... My company is taking us to a luncheon. Last year we didn't have anything because, the year before, everyone got too drunk and wasted a lot of expensive booze and basically made a mess.

This will be my first christmas party here. I don't really care what we have as long as I don't have to work. :)

I don't drink and it seems everyone here is really loose with the booze, so I should have some fun watching the mayhem. :D

·
Firday ringleader
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ridin-Clean-On-That-Blow said:
Just curious what companies you guys work for. I work for Alienware and we a have stupid dinner at some Hotel in South Beach. No headline acts but we do get a room for free so we have no Dui's on the way home lol. Nothing like ordering triple Remy Martins on the bosses tab.
imsi.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts