The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 GXE and the ckutch feels real soft...I took it to Nissan and they told me that it's suppose to feel like that..They service guys said it can't be adjusted and its soft because its hydraulic...Please help me out before my warranty expires...Thanks..

·
Registered
162 Posts
So what's the problem. Hydraulic clutches usually feel soft w/ the engine on and harder with it off. By the way, anyone know if my '93 gxe would have a hydraulic one too... doesn't feel like it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Feels real mushy...never owned an altima before and was wondering if it was goin bad or if it is normal....hard to chirp 2nd..all stock for now..

·
Registered
162 Posts
I wouldn't say that my '93 feels very mushy but it's so worn down that it catches all the way at the end. All I can say is it's definetely not a racing clutch.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
yeah, all altimas use hydrolic clutches. so you can't adjust the catch point or the feel. best thing u can do is change the hydrolic/brake fluid and get the air out (it's DOT3 brake fluid).
Have you tried the new Maximas and Altimas? It's even worse...almost dull catch point. I hate it.
Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts