The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

Several years back I read that Nissan was going to come out with software for the PC that would let you hook up to the computer in the car. It was supposed to be like their "CONSULT" device, but they would offer it to the public. Anybody know if this exists?

Thanks,
DB

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
lol, mechanics would hate that.
I am not sure about nissans, but my friend made a ecu reader for our old subaru legacies.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
I've come across that board before....and if/when they get all the bugs worked out, I'm down for one if it's around $500 or so, maybe more...

Jeremy

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
I know of one that works great

500 bones tho....I'll hafta ask Ray what it's called....it's how we watchedmy car on initial turbo startup...so good that ti set warnign lamps off at its own will...has a direct view of all the voltages at all sensors!!

HIs lil thingy even gets the car into timing mode, and can clear codes that normally can't be cleared by the ecu knob (like when I had teh MAF hooked up incorrectly and it threw my car into safe mode)

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Nissans Consult tool will hook to any 90's up Nissan and read codes and sensor data , the new Snap on Modus , we just got one , also reads codes and data , kinda cool , but I dont know of anything that has the ability to change things in the computer program , other than JWT or others , Havent seen anything thats owner adjustable on the stock ECU yet.... It is fun hooking up the Modus and driving around checking all the sensors to make sure they are all reading right ....

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Sounds really cool....how much from Snap On Shawn?? :)
Somewhere around 'probably more than you want to spend....' I'd bet....

Seriously though, I'd love to just have a device that will plug into the Consult port and give sensor values and real time data....I'm such an egghead!!

Jeremy

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hmm..if you don't want to shell out 500 bucks for the 300Degree nProbe program, I found a copy exists on Bearshare. Of course, finding someone on BS that actually has the program available for download is a different story.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Well, I contacted AutoInjenuity and theirs only supports OBD2. I would have thought OBD2 setups could read OBD1 but I guess not....

Jeremy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts