The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
My Alti got da last laugh
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I sold my altima because i can't drive it, needs tuning and is a pain(so low), so I bought a 2004 neon

SRT 4.... Selling altima to somone over 40 for sheaper insurance but still will drive it when its ready.;)

·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll post pics of my alti and srt4 when the alti gets out of painting this week. $450 for insurance a month for both cars full coverage and an old non drivable honda accord on liability. get rid of both off my insurance and I'm golden;)

·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Frea_Kanata said:
so your gonna buy it back later?
will not need to. but possible. it will be given as a gift. no taxes to pay in florida if given as gift.

·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^If I get a good greddy tuner to help me out, a stock pully to get my damn timing right or AEM hurries their standalone up. maybe by end of race season or next year if i don't have the funds. My new car makes me happy. i'm tired of building a car that is not reliable and stuff breaks constant. I haven't had mty car to race with n2o or on a track with or without in over a year. It's not worth it driving a fast car you can;t drive fast. especially when a friend on similar setup with n2o is eating modded 350z's, 04 m3's, lancer evo's stock, etc.

·
Nissan tech in training
5,700 Posts
i feel your pain, its sucks when with each part you add, you have to replace/fix two others. I just was really hoping you would get it, i honesty think you can with proper tuning...you appear to be a very excellent driver, but that's only half the equation.

·
4,020 Posts
OK...you complain about a car that is unreliable, yet your juicing. Long term use of juice will **** up a car. I cannot wait until that Neon starts breaking down. It may be an SRT-4 but it still a Neon with an unproven low track record chrysler engine.

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
the engine has actually has been in service for years, just not in the US. It has a good track record and is why Chrysler used it in the US market.

that car is in direct competition with nissan's spec v. I know quite a few people that own each car. every single spec v owner I know has had a hell of a time with serious drivetrain problems, and not one of the SRT-4 owners that I know (that is not pushing near 500hp) has had any serious problems whatsoever. not even worth mentioning which one is more fun to drive :)

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
saying the a853 of the srt4 is a weaklink is like saying the altima is reliable after 100grand on the odometer.

one word ramses "mopar", learn it, love it...use it!

I plan on purchasing a black on black srt4 04 with lsd as soon as I land a new (higher paying) position.

sad part is, I already have the first mods for it...stage 1 with reflashed ecu, and bov plate, both off ebay :) yet I don't even own the car yet :(

congrats! :bigok:

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
bushdog said:
saying the a853 of the srt4 is a weaklink is like saying the altima is reliable after 100grand on the odometer.

one word ramses "mopar", learn it, love it...use it!

I plan on purchasing a black on black srt4 04 with lsd as soon as I land a new (higher paying) position.

sad part is, I already have the first mods for it...stage 1 with reflashed ecu, and bov plate, both off ebay :) yet I don't even own the car yet :(

congrats! :bigok:
my car was goin strong after 100k:D

u know that lsd is different right bushy:brow: ...and u already have the parts? u didn't tell me abotu this:(

and man was i scared before u said srt4 part...congrats:bigok:

·
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will decide when i get the alti back to put them slick on and head to the track with trying to retard the timing and no tuning. i don't care. it runs rich enough at full throttle and i am using direct port. i should be alright. I want times to prove an alti WITHOUT TURBO can be fast. but somehow that has been proven before but doesn't register to people. big turbo says ohhh that car is fast but a n2o altima with instant hp and more than normal tq can't be as fast or faster than a turbo car with same hp IN THE 1/4 MILE. bwahwhaha. can't wait

·
Banned
0 Posts
Just don't hit any bears with it!

**Some dumb ass kid at my work just got his back after having it in the shop for a month because he hit a bear in a residential neighborhood! :smack: **

1 - 20 of 20 Posts