The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I'm The Green Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a solution for the foggy headlight...(why did they make them out of plastic in the first place!) well anyways i use MOTHERS Mag & Alluminum polish. just get a clean rag and get a little of the polish on it, then rub in a circular motion(just like car wax) let it sit on there for 5-10 seconds then with a clean part of the rag wipe it off and repeat.
mind you it wont make them pirfectly clear but it makes a big difference! hit me up if you have any questions....

·
Shift_This
153 Posts
This was on ESPN's Mother's classic car show about a year ago. After your done with the mag and aluminum polish you're supposed to go over it with a plastic polish. Or you could just buy a plastic cleaner and a polish.

·
I'm The Green Member
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats where i got it...and make sure you dont forget to use the plastic polish!

·
<--the next 4 years!!!
481 Posts
"Headlight problems
In sunny climates, plastic headlight lenses get cloudy over time. On some vehicles, you would have to replace the whole light fixture at $200 or more per light to see again. Instead, pick up Blue Magic Plastic and Fiberglass Cleaner for $4.99. Two easy applications and your car's cataracts are gone."

anyone ever heard of this or have another solution. i used the mother mag n aluminum polish followed w/ mothers clear plastic detailer & polish and didn't get very noticeable results.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I thought Meguiars 10 did the job. That's what I got but havent used it yet, I got it for a big set of scratches and paint marks tho.

·
Biggest 2nd gen wheel gap
1,457 Posts
anyone with actual experience with some good stuff...my stuff is really yellowed.

·
<--the next 4 years!!!
481 Posts
the problem i'm having is that my passenger side headlamp is only a few months old, (car accident), and the drivers side is the original. trying to match the old to the new is close to impossible. btw, i've also tried wetsanding and using an electric buffer. here's a pic of what the new one looks like.

·
<--the next 4 years!!!
481 Posts
i wetsanded as well and i noticed a little difference. the thing that bugs me is that the headlight on the passenger side is brand new due to an accident months back. the drivers side is the original one. i've been trying hard as hell, even using an electric buffer, to get the driver to match the passenger one, but i can't even come close.

·
It's Paid For.
1,187 Posts
The problem I has was yellowing on the inside of the lens. The outside looked great, but it had that crust on the inside. I just ordered Euro Clear Headlights from Custom Altima. If you have a spare $175.

·
Rockin the Le Bra
1,016 Posts
^ they have a sale or something? last i checked they were $209. i got the black housing ones off ebay for 177 shipped. i just hope the lenses dont yellow out really fast. i clean them every week with meguiars plastic cleaner and then use their plastic polish just to be on the safe side.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts