The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Baby Mama Drama
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This probably doesn't belong in this forum but I guess the mods can move it. I have a 2002 Altima 2.5SL with 35000 miles on it (engine was replaced due to a recall at 28200 mi). I have a few mods (Injen CAI Magnaflow exhaust, 7" motorized screen connected to my Xbox, JDM Headlights). I was looking to trade my ride in for a 99 Eclipse GST or GSX. Would I be better off trading in or private selling and taking the money as a down payment?? Ideas are greatly appriciated.

simeon

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It is usually a lot better to sell it yourself. You should be able to get more money for it. It is a lot easier and quicker to trade it in though. If they are willing to give you a good deal then i would trade it in, if not sell it yourself.

Either way you aren't going to really get more due to the mods. You would probably be better off putting the stock stuff back on and selling the aftermarket items.

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
DesiEGO said:
Well, if you are getting it from the dlr, then maybe the Tradi-in value might work since the Eclipse is 99 but why go for a later yr when you have a newer model ???

After 99 Mitsubishi changed the bubble styling and no longer offered the Eclipse in turbo but in V6 optional form...

I think you'll lose a lot of money by trading it in. I would try and sell it publicly first....

·
Baby Mama Drama
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted a 99 GSX because it was the last year of the turbo'd 4G63 in the Eclipse and it has AWD. Or the GSX Spyder I went to a dealer last weekend and saw a Spyder w 43,000 mi. on it for a little over $10K. Still not sure cause I still owe about $6K on my altima. I didn't mention the trade in to the dealer because I wanted to wait and weigh the options.

·
Baby Mama Drama
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nVs I know that about the Spyder and the GSX, I wanted to get a GSX, but if I found a GST I would think about it. Sorry about the typo

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
^^^ My brother had a red 99 GSX and I loved that car.. He got rid of it in 2001 because he was tired of painting the bumper from Manhattan parking and he wasnt driving it much.. The funny thing about that was, when he traded it in, 3 weeks later my friend bought my brother's same car from Acura in 2001 without even noticing it.. It had 37,000 miles on it and was fast as hell !!

·
1,873 Posts
chrisschnider said:
........Either way you aren't going to really get more due to the mods. You would probably be better off putting the stock stuff back on and selling the aftermarket items.
Thats true! Some people stay away from cars with mods on them. They may think the car has been abused.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts