The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the car with some damage done, i just wanted to know if its just the bumper, or the actual bumper support thats messed up. like will i be able to install a new bumper without too much trouble, and how would i go about replacing the support if its damaged, whoever fixed it did a terrible job i know, but i wanna install a new bumper. thanks homiez.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i will be getting ibi2 fenders and bumper, thats why i wanted to know, if that thing that is bent is what the bumper screws on to, or is it a part of the bumper.

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
Your support didn't break. I was in a similar accident. Basically you just cracked the 'bumper shell'. As long as none of the hard yellowish fibre/plastic stuff isn't broke yu're fine. It would take a very hard impact to break the supports.

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
From what I can see there man, it won't be a problem at all. My bumper supports itself on the yellowish bar going across, and holds on with the screws in the fenders...that place where the screw is on yours and those side brakets that you can see through the hole there aren't even used for installation of iBi stuff so you'll be fine....;)

·
Wait... How big?
130 Posts
Me too! Me too!

I am in a similar predicament. I have yet to "unscrew" the makeshift repairs that my poor car was subjected to before I came across it, but just in case, what if the yellow support beam (if that's what it's called) is broken or something?

Also, is it difficult to remove and replace the bumper cover? I have seen them for sale for around $60 on the internet, is that a decent amount for a primed bumper cover?

They also have these metal brackets behind that are bent and not screwed into anything on the side that looks as thought it would be connected to the bumper cover and a plastic piece that looks like it once connected the bumper cover to something behind it. That piece is no longer connected to the bumper but it is connected to the body of the car.

I will try to get some pictures in the daylight, apparently fluorescent light doesn't provide for good digital photograph techniques ^.~

pic0

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
If that yellowish fibre bar is broken, you're bumper itself is broken. More or less, if you get into an accident again (just saying ;] ) you would not have the proper amount of strength in the front, and you may end up getting hurt. Get that replaced!

·
Lite Brite Disposal Tech
1,724 Posts
Re: Me too! Me too!

webpheret said:

Also, is it difficult to remove and replace the bumper cover? I have seen them for sale for around $60 on the internet, is that a decent amount for a primed bumper cover?

They also have these metal brackets behind that are bent and not screwed into anything on the side that looks as thought it would be connected to the bumper cover and a plastic piece that looks like it once connected the bumper cover to something behind it. That piece is no longer connected to the bumper but it is connected to the body of the car.
Replacing the bumper cover is a snap. I actually had mine off and back on tonight in about 45 mins. There are a few nuts that are a little difficult to get at, but nothing that the average joe can't do. And 60 is a great price for a ready to paint oem bumper. Care to share a link?:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts