The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have my headunit set to the complete rear (only my sub), i can hear parts of the song and voices through my sub that arent part of the normal bass. I have my low pass filter on but I still get them. Do you think I need new RCA cables or maybe an external low pass filter to get rid of the extra noise or is a little noise normal? I think its making my bass sound worse and not hit as hard. I just put new ends on my rca cables cause the old ones went bad, could this have caused the problem?I cant tell you if I had this problem before changing the tips, but I know my old setup with 2 12's didnt have this problem.

BTW: I have a shiva 12" going through a 300watt mtx amp but wired only into the left channel because my right channel no longer works.

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
1st off, are you sure its on low pass. 2nd turn the fz down on the low x-over on the amp, you might have it so high its picking up higher fz

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
i dont know what to tell you, its fixed at 85 hertz witch is good, you shouldent have any noise.

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fatjoe said:
If the noise is a little then it might be normal, but if you are having problems with the channels on the amp don't expect better quality sound. Get a new amp!
wish I had money to do that... :( All of my cash right now is going to getting my full exhaust done and thats gonna be like $1000. So it wont be till atleast summer that i get a new amp. But if I were to get one what kind would you recommend for 1 12" shiva mark 3? I'm guessing ide only need one channel if its cheaper to get a mono amp. Price is also a consideration, around $150-$200 online price would be nice but ide prolly spend as much as $300 if i had to.

·
Registered
288 Posts
kraigwood said:
check the rca's see if they are in the low input
where else would they be plugged in?

Anyway, about the amp. Your problem sounds pretty wierd...definitely like something wrong with the amp. Try opening it up to see if there is anything obvious burnt/detatched/etc. Because honestly, with an 18 db/octave crossover at 85 Hz no voices should come through unless it's like barry white or something.

You could definitely buy an electronic crossover though, check out ebay and look for some audiocontrol stuff. You should be able to find one for not too much.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Does your head-unit have a low pass crossover? you could try using that, it works great on mine.

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1greek4u said:
Does your head-unit have a low pass crossover? you could try using that, it works great on mine.
nope... it may be because i only have the crossover in the amp and because my headunit is always treble +3 and bass -6 because my infinitys up front are crap and suck with bass. The voices arent that loud i just didnt want them robbing me of bass power. When i change my front speakers and adjust my bass/treble maybe it will go away.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts