The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Audi Driver
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

yes i know the wood over the other 2 speaker holes is extremely ghetto. i dynamatted the edges to seal it the best i could. and yes i know the cap is probaby useless, but it does help enough for no dimming at all.

Video to come as soon as i can get one hosted.

·
(no im not a female)
748 Posts
Looks nice.

U getting 2 more subs right?

U have the same cap I got that the Kole audio right?

I have the 2.5d.

How many amps is ur sys pulling?

Have u blown an alternator yet?

·
Audi Driver
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i am getting 2 more subs. my cap is MSX audio, 1.5farad. i dont know how many amps my system is pulling, i have absoltely no light dim or anything like that. never blew an alternator. this kicker amp is very efficient. and it was only like $210 shipped! its a refurb, but no way you could tell.

·
(no im not a female)
748 Posts
GXE94 said:
yes i am getting 2 more subs. my cap is MSX audio, 1.5farad. i dont know how many amps my system is pulling, i have absoltely no light dim or anything like that. never blew an alternator. this kicker amp is very efficient. and it was only like $210 shipped! its a refurb, but no way you could tell.

Is the kicker class d power rating?

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
the cap you have on there is worthless for that little power draw. hell, im pulling ~2200w RMS on the stock alt, and after 4-5 months is JUST starting to show signs of going out.

·
Audi Driver
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes 1st gen alts cant be too big...

oh man i seriously cannot wait to get the next 2 subs! i am going to mess my pants! these subs just sound so perfect. i can actually hear the words now, and i think i like it... i dont want it really loud anymore, just want nice bass and able to hear the words.

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
if you can hear words from the subs, you need top fix your xover points. i dont know any bands whose singers voices drop to 50 hz. yeah, i get light dimming and rpm drop, but its not nearly as bad as i had expected it would be.

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
1,874 Posts
nice.
I never had a problem with my lights dimming at all now.
****, even when my amp was running my XXX @ 2-ohm, I had very minimal dimming. :)
Remember, I also have a KX300.2 amp. So, that's close to 3000 watts on a stock setup other than a Stinger battery. ;)

Now, even when I had the KX1200.1 amp on my 2 12L7's I didn't have any dimming. :)

BTW, nice little install. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts