The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an automatic gear stick and for some strange reason, on my 94 altima, one day when i turned my car on it couldn't move into DRIVE, it was like it was stuck in PARK. I pressed the button in and tried moving it but it wouldn't budge. So then after I toggled with it for a few more minutes, it finally moved into DRIVE. Now I just keep it in NEUTRAL and turn my key back to ACC. Will this kill my battery at all? I've been doing this for the past month and a half and nothing seems to be wrong yet.

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
did you waste any coke or something on it? You shouldn't leave it in accessory if you ask me. Why don't you use the emergency key slot for the shifter to move. It is a little hole close to the shifter that when the key is installed, it deactivates the brakeshift thing.

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
3,416 Posts
so wait, you leave you key's in the car when you aren't in there. aren't you screaming "STEAL ME!"

from my understanding, if you are in neutral and shut the car off, the keys will not come out of the ignition.

try the shift lock as stated in the previous post.

·
Registered
194 Posts
that happened to me before.... cuz i spilled coffee so i took apart the console and totally cleaned it out and no more sticky shifter...

·
Registered
282 Posts
My dad had the same thing happen to his Accord. The rason his would go into triv is bacuse the thing next to the shifter had some out. I'm not sure xactly what it is but it says lock next to it. If your \s is missing or switch to lock that's why. If that's not the problem them I don't know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the weird thing is, sometimes i'll put it in park (just to test it) and I will try to shift gears again and it will work!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts