The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that Sony subs aren't worth the price they sell for but how good are these, XS-L1055G?

Single 4-ohm voice coil
4-wrap edge-wound voice coils
Die-cast aluminum frame
Aluminum heater sink
Durable Santoprene rubber surround
Double damper suspension
Gold-plated binding posts
1000W Maximum input power

Rated input power - 300W
Impedance - 4 ohms
Sensitivity - 85 dB/W/m
Frequency Response - 25 - 3,500 Hz

·
Weekend Alcoholic
2,721 Posts
stay the hell away from sony. they are way over priced and although they dont sound to bad, they dont hold up. i have gone through 3 different subs by sony, yeah they say they will fix it, and all my specs came out right, but the bottom line is for the money they are not worth it.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which Xplod subs did you have?

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have had only sony and they have been great for me. My first one I got for $99 and ran it off of a Soundstream USA 180 and now my girlfriend has that setup and she is still pounding with it. Now I have 2-12" and they have been nothing but good for me. They may not be the best sub but I think that for the money that you pay that they make a pretty good product. I would recomend them. JMO.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tm8838 said:
i have had only sony and they have been great for me. My first one I got for $99 and ran it off of a Soundstream USA 180 and now my girlfriend has that setup and she is still pounding with it. Now I have 2-12" and they have been nothing but good for me. They may not be the best sub but I think that for the money that you pay that they make a pretty good product. I would recomend them. JMO.
What model numbers were they?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts