The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Dude
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw. for those of you who read about my road trip problems...... the engine is uniform, and still shows 155 give or take across the board.

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
Oil could be passsing by your turbo seals and getting sucked into the hot pipe and charge pipe

or

Blowby is owning you...get a catch can??

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
ULTIMATUC said:
this is funny.

http://www.roadrunnersauto.com/rick/mov02727.mpg

the plumbing, turbo, dp, and manifold come off tomorrow. I'm willing to bet my problems have been caused by pumping oil into the system. you think oil could make it as far as the tb?
Oil can easily get that far dependant on how long it's been going. The intercooler is going to be a bunch of fun to clean.

So at this point there's either excessive pressure in the crank through blowby or your pcv is clogged, or maybe your turbo seal is leaking.

From what I remember reading ingested oil does have the same results as lowering your octane level, which would be lowering your resistance to knock, which sounds like it might be the problem you were having.

UltimaSE

·
The Dude
8,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UltimaSE said:
From what I remember reading ingested oil does have the same results as lowering your octane level, which would be lowering your resistance to knock, which sounds like it might be the problem you were having.

UltimaSE
I've been thinking the same thing. I'll know in the morning.

and no, I dont have any blow by from the vc. I constantly check that.

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
this may sound funny, but I was chillin around at a local race porsche/vw shop and they actually suggested using a 8000 weber carb jet or a similar nitous jet to place at the end of the feed just before the turbo...

He said it helps work as a restricter, and they noticed it cooled the turbo better after track testing (granted it's road course track not drag)

It could easily be the seals tho like I did say earlier...i've read numerous places with DSM guys using high volume/pressure pumps and having it do that

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
link doesnt work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts