The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has a sound file for the Stillen exhaust. I'm hoping that it doesn't sound too, how should I say it in a PC way, "crisp, mosquito like when you see those dropped Hondas with the coffee can exhaust." I'm hoping it has a more melodious rumble to it, something akin to a Flowmaster muffler. Thanks.

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
AAMC said:
Just wondering if anyone has a sound file for the Stillen exhaust. I'm hoping that it doesn't sound too, how should I say it in a PC way, "crisp, mosquito like when you see those dropped Hondas with the coffee can exhaust." I'm hoping it has a more melodious rumble to it, something akin to a Flowmaster muffler. Thanks.
do a search.. I beleive this clip has been posted before..

·
Fat Boy
395 Posts
AAMC said:
I don't have them, but Sean (snolden) has them. He brought it up a couple weeks ago and they sound great! Nice a deep! :D

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
im getting mine installed monday or tuesday...i cant wait.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I just ordered mine yesterday. I'll finally have my 2k3 Alty next week, depending on which day next week, I will either get mine installed that week or the week after...can't wait!!!!

I used to have a Tsudo muffler on my 94 Altima and loved the sound, it was very deep. I sold it to my roomate though, now he has it on his 95 Dodge Avenger...sounds great, and I miss it! Soon I'll have it back!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the link. I'll review it later. What are you guys using for your aftermarket cats? I'm so excited to get this car modded up, and it's still 1 1/2 months away from sitting in my garage. Thanks.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Damn that sounded sweet!!!!

Ruben, that's with the Mufflers and racepipe?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
StillenAltima said:
Damn that sounded sweet!!!!

Ruben, that's with the Mufflers and racepipe?
CAI, Mufflers and Magnaflow resonator. Sound is 'cooler' with the race pipe, hard to explain.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
turrifik said:

ohtwo: sounds nice! but, what are those strange sounds during the clip (esp. during acceleration)? windnoise?
Oh yeah, windy day...

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I've had my Stillens on since mid-June and the sound is VERY nice. Deep and throaty for a V6.. not at all ricey and not cracking. Nice resonance in the cabin too, and you can always hear them (accept at idle, they're much like stock).

And they really look good with the 4 inch polished tips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts