The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lite Brite Disposal Tech
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking seriously at running nitrious. What I was thinking of doing is picking up a spare intake manifold from one of the guys selling them on this site, then installing all the plumbing for a direct port system onto it while its off the car. Then I'd just swap it out when I put my new head on the motor. I've only heard of 2 people running a direct port setup on the boards, nokeone and mastakillah I think. Anyone have any opinions on this? I'm leaning toward the NX 80004EFI kit, jetted for a 50 shot, at least until I get some experience with tuning the fuel.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
not an expert or even intermediate when it comes to NOS knowledge but i have read that direct port can be dangerous if not properly tuned.

·
2.0T, 2.3T, and 2.4 N/A
4,863 Posts
true that.... Nokeone's timing is a little off.... but he should be able to answer your question....

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
lots of tuning, but when it's done right, it performs well
otherwise, just go wet kit.

but if you still want safer than a basic kit and are willing to shell out some dough, the JWT kit is awesome. I ran mine for just over a year and put about 30 bottles of nitrous through 'er. Although my motor just blew, i don't think the nitrous or the entire system was at fault. I think i had a fuel failure somewhere and the motor leaned out.

good luck

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
direct port does = lots of tuning...but i think it can be safer in the long run with the proper knowledge...as it does inject the same amount of nitrous and fuel into each cylander via the intake port...the dangers are of course if you use a nitrous fogger jet that is too large for the occompanying fuel fogger jet...this would lead to an obvious lean condition...also it can be dangerous because if one of your jets fails or gets clogged for some reason then that cylander is completely off from the others...

but i mean i don't know that any kind of forced induction (other than factory) can be considered entirely safe...i.e. RyanD...best set up you can buy...cthunder...extensively researched and financed...no corners cut...

with direct port to get good times and maximize your set up it's more about knowing which fuel jets to match with which nitrous jets than anything else...and the techs on the NOS info line were more than helpful each time i spoke with them...go to their site ( www.holley.com ) and see what they have to say...

and good luck...=)..

oh and as for that particular kit...i run a NOS brand one...so i am unfamilar with the NX stuff...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts