The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

In Canada, to get the nicer sound system, you have to shell out 2800$CAN, because it is part of the leather package.

What I want to know... how is the regular sound system. Is it good enough?
I don't want one that is powerful enough to move the car, but I like a good quality sound system.

With the oval convex shape of the radio, I think it will be hard to find an aftermarket that will fit and look like it belongs there.

Thanks

·
Banned
0 Posts
$2800 for a sound system? Even if it is Canadian....

I can do much better than Nissan would with that kind of money. You could probably install a TV for that amount! I would stick with whatever comes on the base level, wait a few months, then get a new headunit and go from there. I am sure a mounting kit will be available soon for the 2002.

·
Lord of the rims
176 Posts
djsassan said:
$2800 for a sound system? Even if it is Canadian....

I can do much better than Nissan would with that kind of money. You could probably install a TV for that amount! I would stick with whatever comes on the base level, wait a few months, then get a new headunit and go from there. I am sure a mounting kit will be available soon for the 2002.
2800 for leather package, which includes bose sound system
not like the sound system itself is 2800, tat will be too crazy!! :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
With the Bose system you get an in-dash 6-disc cd changer, 8 speakers instead of 6, RDS and speed compensating volume. It sounds pretty decent for a Bose system. And yeah any other aftermarket system may look funny since the stock one is integrated with the whole interior.

·
Barkless Dog
806 Posts
Is auto Bose known to be mediocre?Most factrory set ups mediocre in general?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Not mediocre

The Bose does rock. Go to the dealer, get the brochure with the CD in it. Go to an Alty with the Bose system in it and pop that CD in there. Change to Track SIX and listen to the FACTORY bass. You may have to change the Treble, Mid and Bass settings if no one else has done that yet, but I assure you that the system ROCKS!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I agree that the Bose system is awesome.

The question on my mind is wether the regular system that comes with the car (6 speakers) is good enough or not.

The leather package, for 2800$CAN , include the Bose system, extra airbags (lateral and curtain), leather, heated seats, homelink garage opener.

In that package, the only interesting for me is the sound system, but I won't shell out that much money if I can live with the regular sound system.

So basically I want to know from Altima02 owners with the regular radio if it sounds good enough

1 - 7 of 7 Posts