The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently it has been sounding like there is a cricket chirping under my hood.. has anyone else heard this disgusting noise? I can't figure out where it coming from. My belts are in good condition, but the chirping is driving me nuts.... its got to be comming from something that is turning!!

:smack:

·
fLiPrYdE
1,956 Posts
You 2 man? I just got this noise 2 as of late. WTF is up?

·
HIDaholic
3,845 Posts
Throwout bearing on your clutch. I have it too. The noise is not curable. You can have it replaced but the noise will come right back. You can have your dealer grease it, goes away for about a day and is right back chirping loud and proud as ever. This is about 70% of the reason I'm trading the car in soon...the other 30% is the steering wheel shake.

9 times out of 10 the dealer will try to tell you that you abused the clutch and its not going to be covered under warranty and want to charge you $2k for repairs.

·
HIDaholic
3,845 Posts
If its the same noise I have its at idle with the clutch out in neutral. Pushing the clutch in makes the noise go away.

·
fLiPrYdE
1,956 Posts
well that sure doesnt explain my situation. im an automatic. hrmm maybe ill change the belt this week and hope that is all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been getting a chirping sound for maybe 1 or 2 seconds when my A/C compressor engages, then it goes away. It doesn't sound like a belt, so I'm guessing it's the A/C clutch.

·
Ahoy!
1,676 Posts
I have the noise too. I have an auto. I could never tell if it was the engine or my shocks/springs. I do have a new second sound that is similar. It comes from my engine and started right after I replaced my radiator. Mabey your crickets are from the radiator too??:confused:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
these crickets are really getting on my nerves, i know its not my A/C, neither does it go away when the clutch is in.. I would hate to have to pay for a diagnosis.. but thats what it might come down to.. is there a part having to do the radiator that turns?

I know it is something turning because the noise has sort of a pattern.. and when i shut off the engine i can hear it slow down and screech to a stop. I dont like my new stuff sounding like its old... what is going on!?!?!?!

·
Ahoy!
1,676 Posts
oh. That's not my sounds then. Mine are when the car moves over small bumps and stuff at low speeds. Like somethings loose.:sad:

·
fLiPrYdE
1,956 Posts
staticorex said:
oh. That's not my sounds then. Mine are when the car moves over small bumps and stuff at low speeds. Like somethings loose.:sad:
i feel your pain brotha. btw hows that built auto holding on and everything?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I talked to a guy at my local NAPA, he said my issue is most likely a pully going bad. Anyone know anything about replacing pullys? I'd hate to pay a labor charge for that.

·
Ahoy!
1,676 Posts
bombers3k said:
i feel your pain brotha. btw hows that built auto holding on and everything?
Great! I have much better launches and shifts happen much later than they use to. I'm definitly looking at tranny upgrades as one of my first upgrades for my next car. How many people chirp tires in an un-FI motor?

·
Registered
58 Posts
hey peoples seems like you all have the same problem in AT/MT. I recently took my car to Nissan for noise i had in my engine, the told me it was my tentioner or my belt but it was neither. Ithey had to go in my engine to find out it was my timing chain sprakit. so be care full when the give you info always have two checking done to b sure.
3.5 Alti 03

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ATL 3.5 said:
hey peoples seems like you all have the same problem in AT/MT. I recently took my car to Nissan for noise i had in my engine, the told me it was my tentioner or my belt but it was neither. Ithey had to go in my engine to find out it was my timing chain sprakit. so be care full when the give you info always have two checking done to b sure.
3.5 Alti 03
and how much is a diagnosis to find that out at the dealership???? getting into an engine takes lots of time.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Smoke3.5SE said:
Throwout bearing on your clutch. I have it too. The noise is not curable. You can have it replaced but the noise will come right back. You can have your dealer grease it, goes away for about a day and is right back chirping loud and proud as ever. This is about 70% of the reason I'm trading the car in soon...the other 30% is the steering wheel shake.

9 times out of 10 the dealer will try to tell you that you abused the clutch and its not going to be covered under warranty and want to charge you $2k for repairs.

lolololololololoolololol two my biggest quirk with my altima...damn crickety noise and the steering wheel has parkinsons disease

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well since i dont work tomorrow i will see if i can get it in the garage and jack it up to see if its the crank pulley making all the racket (as it seems to be on my car)... if so i will carry out my order for a new pulley.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so I was playing around under the hood and the noise was simply coming from a hose from my berk to the throttle!!! i'll just go to NAPA and have 'em cut me a longer one. I have no clue how the noise was transfering all the way over to the passenger side!!!

here's the clincher...
should I still buy the unorthodox racing crank pulley???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts