The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some discussion with our friends at KRPS Auto in Germany we have decided to begin full production of slotted rotors. Since we have a great amount of response/demand for the crossdrilled/slotted rotors, we decided that they should build us our own SWA brand name rotors. Due to such an immense response, we will begin selling these second week of September when we get our first shipment. They are of highest quality, as they build some of the world's best brake rotors, and are factory issue in many Italian and German vehicles. The rotors are $165 per pair, but again, they are gas slotted only, not crossdrilled. We are beginning to take pre-orders now, and of course, we will post pics as soon as we get the first batch in within two weeks.

Another first brought to you by SWA.
Alex

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they will fit 93-2001. Yes, they are available for fronts and rears. And due to the popularity/experience with Metal Master brake pads, we will continue to sell those to complement our new rotors

Alex

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
what's the difference between gas slotted and crossdrilled? i know noob question

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
6,244 Posts
If this gets out of hand like the "previous" cross drilled vs slotted discussion, everyone is getting banned. That was such an embarassment. So for the person asking about the difference, I suggest searching, hard.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
my gosh, rotors! sweet! SWA is awesome! Makes me wanna buy another Altima rather than a Maxima.
So when are you going to make a boost kit? And no, nitrous doesn't count!
Jae

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I must say we have to learn as we go....

But as I found out, the following vehicles use VENTED rotors only

Ferrari 360 Spyder
SL 55 AMG
Aston Martin Vanquish
and other high dollar exotics, so whatever critics have to say, there would be no reason for these high dollar vehicles to have them unless they were good?

·
maybe another alty soon?
1,509 Posts
Thank you Alex, you can expect an order in late Sept from me..

·
Registered
662 Posts
But as I found out, the following vehicles use VENTED rotors only
I hate to nit-pick my good friend Alex :) , but I'm a stickler for correct treminology. Every car with disc brakes has vented rotors, at least on the front. Vented rotors are the ones that look like 2 solid discs held together with vanes. Provides MUCH more surface area for cooling than plain solid rotors (like the ones on the rear of most cars)

Ferrari 360 Spyder
SL 55 AMG
Aston Martin Vanquish
Those cars do indeed come from the factory with CROSS-DRILLED (and vented) rotors.

Have a lovely evening everyone!

:)

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Matt, you funny guy you... ;) I love your help with my posts...In this case, if you didn't know what I mean, you know now....Thanks Matt

Vic, I am just putting this up for people to know what's on its way, we will put up another post for the vendor sale when they actually go on sale.

Thanks
Alex

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
don't worry.. wasn't going to move it unless I heard from a higher voice...

you get a freebie anyways... ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Alex are these gonna be better than the brembo one u currently sell for the 93-97
cause i just ordered some
will i miss anything

oh how are the hotshot headers coming

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Michael_6835 said:
Alex are these gonna be better than the brembo one u currently sell for the 93-97
cause i just ordered some
will i miss anything

oh how are the hotshot headers coming
It doesnt get much better than Brembo or Nissin my friend. But Nissin mainly does motorcycle braking systems but they dabble in some european stuff.

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, we still sell Brembos at 130. The pads are 50. The reason we are bringing these in is because too many people listened to our dear friends (autocross buddies) and got scared due to their warnings of crossdrilled rotors being bad, so figured we would pick out the best of the best in Europe (since we have a few connections there) and bringing yet another choice, this time around with our own name on it, since we want to stay behind a product which will last and perform exceedingly well

Alex

1 - 20 of 27 Posts