The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2 old 4 this
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can I tell if my alty has federal emissions?
By the way, is the muffler loud? My buddy's supra had it (sp1, i think) and it was pretty deep. Does it sound similar on a 4 banger?

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
i know of a guy who has a Greddy catback on his Civic...i believe he has a B16 swap also, and even for that little engine, the Greddy is DEEP. when i was told it had a Greddy i was like "so thats why it doesnt sound like shit!" LOL

·
2 old 4 this
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a dumb question....Surprisingly, I'm not to familiar with the underside of my Altima, although I've had it for 5 years and do all the maintenance myself. But is the cat located behind the radiator right after the header or is it the canister after the flex hose?

·
Breu Meister
6,646 Posts
well...there is a thing in the stock exhaust manifold that reduces emissions/quiets down the exhaust, and yes the cat is located after the flex pipe. If you have california emissions the greddy SP2 will bolt right up..I think you can check what type of emissions you have on the underneath of your hood.

·
2 old 4 this
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Decoy said:
well...there is a thing in the stock exhaust manifold that reduces emissions/quiets down the exhaust, and yes the cat is located after the flex pipe. If you have california emissions the greddy SP2 will bolt right up..I think you can check what type of emissions you have on the underneath of your hood.

How can you tell? I check under the hood in the morning.

·
99 altima
2,181 Posts
majsingh said:
anyone have a good idea of how loud these are on our car....dB's?....i like exhaust that u can barely hear till u floor it and u can hear a lil growl....sorta like a sleeper effect....i just hate the noise though...
^^^Yeah Im looking for the same.A muffler that isnt loud and annoying.If anyone knows pls. shed some light.I was told the sp2 muffler itself is good.I dont know about the whole catback.

·
'01 Alti Se
464 Posts
For checking the emissions, there is a sticker under the hood with emissions info, and it will say CA or California if it's cali emissions.

It is NOT quiet. It's quieter than most exhaust systems, and it's very quiet at idle. It does have a deeper tone, but it's still loud in the power band and sets off alarm systems. :D

·
2 old 4 this
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately, there's nothing that says "California" on the emission sticker.
Sorry, I don't have a AIM account. Kinda hard to get out of the house with an expecting wife that can go into labor at any moment.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts