The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JWT told me stock plugs at stock gap.

what do you guys with nitrous run for plugs?

Ignite, Rick, Superstyl, PhxAltimaII, etc...

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Gap them at stock .044 in. , If you have any misfire problems you may need to drop the gap a little .... If you are running 50 shot you wont have any misfire problems 100 shot may ....

·
Like a Villain
1,285 Posts
did you already buy the kit or are you thinking about getting it? do you still go to the illegals? as soon as i get my bottle heater i'm going to start going again :D

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IgNiTe said:
did you already buy the kit or are you thinking about getting it? do you still go to the illegals? as soon as i get my bottle heater i'm going to start going again :D
i got the JWT set up on the way. They're working on the ECU right now, and should ship the entire kit out in a week or so. SO ECU upgrade, and nitrous, working together too.

The only illegals i went to were in Palm Bay, which is where i live. Orlando is sort of a drive for me, but maybe some time after the n2o is set up.

·
Cube Farmer
1,671 Posts
Personally.... gap them down a little just for saftey.... you can always run stock gap and watch your A/F gauge... Playing around with the gap will produce diffrent levels of "rich" readings... the stock gap always produced a lean reading for me and the 1/4 times were slower... It might have something to do with the altitude up here and the thinner air affecting combustability however. If i had too small of a gap i could smell the fuel in the exhaust and the 1/4 times were slower again. It all depends on your shot level also... you can blow your spark out if your gap is to small for the shot your running. I would say a 50 shot is fine with stock gap or very smaller gap than stock. A 75 shot on stock gap is bad news... Its the thing i attribute to blowing my engine (I was running a 65 shot at the time).... and i think there was someone else in AZ that posted that they think it was the spark plug gap on their altima that blew their engine (not sure though) The nissan ignition is very good however and produces a good amount of spark compaired to other OEM ignitions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts