The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2000 altima se with about 40k miles.
My question is, i just bought some Bosch 4 tip platnium spark plugs, and do you have to gap them? I don't see how you could, but anyone who has used them, is their anything special i need to do in order to set them correctly?

Thanks

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Yea, you take them back and exchange them for NGK # FR5AP-10 for the platinum or BKR5E-11 for regular ... Or for performance use you can go to a 6 heat range if you want ..... Gap them at .047 in. ..... The +4's can not be gapped !!! And will not yoeld the best performance in the Altimas !

·
EXPLICIT EDITION
324 Posts
Not to flame or anything but can't you just take a good look at those +4 bosch plugs and tell that you don't need to gap them???:dunno:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bvexp- Figured that from looking, but wanted to make sure, new to cars, that's all. Sucks, cause i already put them in, oh well, what's another 30 bucks?

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
the most expensive is not always the best... its kewl, young grasshopper, youll learn. welcome to the board!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah, they do kind of suck, i got about 145 miles to the 1/2 tank, where should be getting +/- 324ish for a full tank, oh well.

·
renwO amitlA duorP
774 Posts
so you technically, from your calculations, should be able to go +\-720ish on a full tank? almost 50mpg. i wish

·
EXPLICIT EDITION
324 Posts
Foosheezee said:
145+145= 290

1/2 + 1/2=1 (tank of gas)

What math do you use?
He's got a point!!! That's why always read carefully before you post!!!:cool:

·
renwO amitlA duorP
774 Posts
my ass. i thought he said he should be getting 324+- ish to the half tank. disregard that post.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The Bosch Platinum 4's are pre gapped for your specific vehicle that's why the guy or ladie at the part store asks for your make and modle when purchesing those plugs. I already bought some and they are a waste go with the NGK's and get some good new wifers to complete the package is my suggestion. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts